Radio-only
Feb 6, 2002 at 2:23 PM Post #17 of 21
The Sony radio is not sold in the U.S.; it is available in Japan & Europe. One more example, among far too many, of how Japanese firms continue to ignore, or disdain, the U.S. market for their top quality products. I guess they think we wouldn't appreciate them. Gaijin.

Sony/Panasonic/Matsu****a/AudioTechnica/Seiko/Citizen/etc. all exhibit the same attitude. Honda/Toyota/Nissan do to a somewhat lesser degree (they export to us the most profitable expensive stuff)...

Feb 6, 2002 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by JML
Honda/Toyota/Nissan do to a somewhat lesser degree (they export to us the most profitable expensive stuff)...

Subaru is breaking ground in this area with the 2002 Impreza WRX. Finally, a Japanese car company is seeing the USA as a great market for their top performance cars. Support Subaru! In a couple of years, we'll see the Impreza WRX STi!

Proud WRX owner,
/mel
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2002 at 2:43 PM Post #19 of 21
confused.gif

it is my first time to hear that the japanese form disdain £¨or somewhat£© the american market.actually in china we all say that those japanese sell the first-grade product to domestic and european and american market ,the 3-grade to my hometown.no matter what£¬ i hate these ugly japanese,i donnot understand why they treat customers in different way¡£

Feb 6, 2002 at 3:16 PM Post #20 of 21
Funny, the Subaru was the example of the way the car market may be changing. But it took several years for us to get that car. And I hear great things about that hotter version in Japan.

If you want examples of the Japanese marketing perspective, a look at any of the watch fanatic forums would show the same thing. Several places in Japan and Singapore have sprung up to supply home-market Seiko and Citizen models to the U.S. Seiko's best stuff never gets close to the U.S. They send us the ugly pieces. Check out www.higuchi-inc.com for examples of what you can get in Japan from Citizen & Seiko.

Feb 6, 2002 at 3:30 PM Post #21 of 21
haha , i have a example too.my classmate asked his father in us to bring back a discman.but ,to our surprise,he brought back a out-of-date one.the modle maybe ct-2**(i forget),ugly design,noising sound.in shanghai we all bought ct-780 and ej925 that time.so he secret that one and bought a dj825
tongue.gif

you know shanghai?there are a lot of head-fi funs here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back