RAAL 1995 Immanis
Feb 1, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #20 of 219
Already answered on the SR1a thread.
The point of this thread is so that people do not need to refer to the SR1a thread.

I believe to answer the question it is easier to drive than the SR1a but uses the same ribbon drivers so it will require a specific amp or transformer box.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #21 of 219
The point of this thread is so that people do not need to refer to the SR1a thread.

I believe to answer the question it is easier to drive than the SR1a but uses the same ribbon drivers so it will require a specific amp or transformer box.
I'm disappointed that the VM-1a uses stepped volume control. I wonder how that will work with the Immanis.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:35 PM Post #22 of 219

OK I get that; apologies for my exuberance. But you’ve also repeated exactly what I said.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #24 of 219
Ah Cigga there you are. Aleks has already said that the Immanis will work with the existing direct drive amplifiers. Can you expand on why you are concerned?
He said the new 3 ribbon needs less volume. The CA is already not using that much volume on the VM. There aren't that many steps left. If it was a continuous volume control, it could be better fine tuned. But with the steps, there is no in-between

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #25 of 219
I'm disappointed that the VM-1a uses stepped volume control. I wonder how that will work with the Immanis.
I'm always happy to see one over a potentiometer when better sound is the goal.

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #26 of 219
Also I see 6 moons addressed the headband concern. It's not the leather part that is making us concerned, it's the metal part...lol

I don't really care that they are using the CA metal headband, and the Abyss 1266 uses the same leather type headband. It's just a Hifiman issue, where they are using the same metal headband on the Shang Sr as their cheaper models. It's a non-issue though

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #27 of 219
He said the new 3 ribbon needs less volume. The CA is already not using that much volume on the VM. There aren't that many steps left. If it was a continuous volume control, it could be better fine tuned. But with the steps, there is no in-between
OK thanks I now see where you’re coming from. It’s difficult to turn down 2 or 3 clicks ( as Aleks said) when you‘re only using 2 or 3 clicks up in the first place.

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #28 of 219
OK thanks I now see where you’re coming from. It’s difficult to turn down 2 or 3 clicks ( as Aleks said) when you‘re only using 2 or 3 clicks up in the first place.
I'm at 4 steps on the CA, so I guess I would be at 1 step with the new Immanis? Seems problematic to me

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:15 PM Post #30 of 219
Yes I have the same issue with the HSA-1b and my Nutopia and ZMF Caldera. The gradations in volume make it very difficult to achieve a comfortable volume.
I fear they are gonna make us get a new amp. I really don't like using the TI adaptor box, but we may have to. We shall see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back