RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 1, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #1,502 of 1,947
May 1, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #1,504 of 1,947
I don't understand it, I don't understand Srajan, why does he write it the way he does, I know he's capable of explaining things in a very direct way... But he doesn't in his writeups

May 1, 2024 at 1:35 AM Post #1,506 of 1,947
I don't understand it, I don't understand Srajan, why does he write it the way he does, I know he's capable of explaining things in a very direct way... But he doesn't in his writeups
What part would you like me to translate? But don’t say all of it ‘cos I’m off out for the day today. All you need to know is that in his systems, for his tastes, Magna has bettered Susvara and Immanis is on a different level to Magna especially where spatial matters are concerned. I repeat, in his systems for his tastes. Upper bass is stronger on Magna and this may suit some genres and tastes better, bass is deeper and more resolved on Immanis, thus, for Srajan, Immanis is ‘better’ especially where micro-plankton details elevate the experience……er, we’re not talking AC/DC here, for example.
Edit: whilst there’s lot’s of different words used it doesn’t really say a lot more than what MokhaMark has already said. I’ll look again later and see what I can extract that’s not already been said. Must go out now.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 2:43 AM Post #1,507 of 1,947
What part would you like me to translate? But don’t say all of it ‘cos I’m off out for the day today. All you need to know is that in his systems, for his tastes, Magna has bettered Susvara and Immanis is on a different level to Magna especially where spatial matters are concerned. I repeat, in his systems for his tastes. Upper bass is stronger on Magna and this may suit some genres and tastes better, bass is deeper and more resolved on Immanis, thus, for Srajan, Immanis is ‘better’ especially where micro-plankton details elevate the experience……er, we’re not talking AC/DC here, for example.
That was helpful, Thanks

May 1, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #1,510 of 1,947
Hello

Thank youMokhaMark for your comments

fredfung28, I see in a photo that you used a Dap via the adapter to listen to the RAAL. Your impressions with the Dap?
I just use it for breaking in the immanis

I don’t have a good dap, so couldn’t help for this question

May 1, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #1,511 of 1,947
There is no straight answer to that.

What I recommend is to use the amp that you already like.
If you're more inclined to Solid State amps, then something of those would be best for you. Same if you prefer tubes...

Whatever you do, Immanis and Magna will transfer very well the sound of your gear.

May I take this comment to confirm that tube rolling will still play a huge difference even with the interface in the chain?

If my tube amp has speaker outputs, is it preferable to go with the 8ohm option? Or does it make sense to go with 32ohm via headphone out if my amp has variable impedance options?

Hopefully someone else has a direct X9K vs Immanis comparison at home, these 2 are the things I am very interested in :gs1000smile:

May 1, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #1,512 of 1,947
Regarding the 6 Moons review, a wise college English professor once labeled such flowery pose as "diarrhea of the foountain pen."

May 1, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #1,514 of 1,947
May I take this comment to confirm that tube rolling will still play a huge difference even with the interface in the chain?

If my tube amp has speaker outputs, is it preferable to go with the 8ohm option? Or does it make sense to go with 32ohm via headphone out if my amp has variable impedance options?

Hopefully someone else has a direct X9K vs Immanis comparison at home, these 2 are the things I am very interested in :gs1000smile:
The only person who I can confirm had both Immanis and X9K at home at the same time is @simorag. His comments are somewhere around page 20 of this thread. Or maybe pm him if you need more details.

May 1, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #1,515 of 1,947
Related to that review, that was one thing that stood out to me, in that the Immanis felt like they had a similar completeness as the Susvara, which will drive similar popularity in it. Performance wise, in my short audition, it seemed better than the Susvara and more on a similar level of performance to the SGL Sr. and Aperio, both of which I heard at the same show. The conditions weren't perfect, so I'm eager to validate in my own system.

But in short, the Immanis had similar spacing, depth, detail and resolution as the SGL Sr., but many are going to prefer it because imo it has better tonal balance that should make it more easy listening. The bass also seemed improved over the SGL Sr. (which isn't the Sr.'s strong point).

In comparison to the Aperio, both the Imannis and Sr. are just much more open and holographic, although the Aperio has a really amazing overall refined sound. Reminded me of the HE90. But still, here I would also take the Imannis over the Aperio as well because it's more balanced and more technically proficient.

Take the above with a grain of salt, as again the conditions weren't perfect, but will have them eventually. But I could easily see those that are fans of the Susvara eventually migrating to the Imannis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back