RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Feb 25, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #211 of 2,353
Just got back home, unpacked everything in a hurry and now let burn-in begin!

The ribbons are brand new and Alex recommended they had some gym to loosen a bit thus acquiring a little extra reach at the bottom end among other things.

I selected my beloved Mahler 5th, which I also used as a test recording yesterday, and I can already say that they are a totally different animal in my home rig.

I see giving the Immanis first rate partners as a rewarding investment to make them justice.

I can now go to bed tired but reassured, patiently leaving the Immanis settling in for a few hours in my absence.

1000016569-01.jpeg

More to follow in the next days 😉

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #212 of 2,353

The ribbons are brand new and Alex recommended they had some gym to loosen a bit thus acquiring a little extra reach at the bottom end among other things.

I selected my beloved Mahler 5th, which I also used as a test recording yesterday, and I can already say that they are a totally different animal in my home rig.

I see giving the Immanis first rate partners as a rewarding investment to make them justice.

I can now go to bed tired but reassured, patiently leaving the Immanis settling in for a few hours in my absence.

1000016569-01.jpeg

Such a tease! :wink:

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #213 of 2,353

1000016569-01.jpeg

Not sure how much of it is your photography skills and how much is the Immanis itself, but it looks gorgeous in your photo, too. Can you explain what you mean by "I see giving the Immanis first rate partners as a rewarding investment to make them justice"? Do you have a new amp or DAC in mind to pair with it?

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #214 of 2,353
Not sure how much of it is your photography skills and how much is the Immanis itself, but it looks gorgeous in your photo, too. Can you explain what you mean by "I see giving the Immanis first rate partners as a rewarding investment to make them justice"? Do you have a new amp or DAC in mind to pair with it?
No his home setup has "first rate partners" while the setup he used to audition was probably simpler

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #215 of 2,353
I agree with Thanatos, simorag already has an excellent set-up, it’s purely a question of how well the Immanis fits with that set-up.

Feb 25, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #216 of 2,353
Was the Immanis broken in? Were you able to directly compare it against the SR and CA?

Have a great weekend with your wife!
I didn't even remember to bring any other headphones and it was totally fresh, no break-in.

Last edited:
RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Feb 25, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #217 of 2,353

1000016569-01.jpeg

Thanks for the updates 😀 - is that the Star8 V2?

Feb 25, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #218 of 2,353
Feb 26, 2024 at 5:07 AM Post #220 of 2,353
And what about Europe? Is it possible to join a waitlist or is it going to come at a later point?

Feb 26, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #221 of 2,353
And what about Europe? Is it possible to join a waitlist or is it going to come at a later point?
In general this is what we’re waiting to find out. The Raal 1995 web-site is still under development so we don’t know if Alex intends to offer a direct sales model via online orders. I’m currently doubting if this will be the model for Europe what with Serbia being outside the EU; it’s more likely it will be a dealer-based model. I do know that Thomas at the headphone.shop in Heidelberg already has Magna and Immanis on his web-site and this is definitely the place to go if you‘re in Germany. I don’t know if the existing Raal-Requisite dealers around Europe will all be taking the new Raal 1995 products, but depending on where you are in Europe I would contact the existing Raal-Requisite dealer if you have one.

Feb 26, 2024 at 6:28 AM Post #222 of 2,353
Furthermore, I think Austria should be the first country in Europe to be given the chance to order 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back