RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 22, 2024 at 1:56 AM Post #1,906 of 2,343
Can you share any specifics on about how many units you'll be shipping out on the 27th? I am crossing my fingers hoping I will be in this batch
Shipping out will be spread throughout the whole next week. We will ship 16 units including 3 demos for dealers.
Then, in the week starting with 10th of June, another batch like this one, and so on...

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
May 22, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #1,907 of 2,343
Shipping out will be spread throughout the whole next week. We will ship 16 units including 3 demos for dealers.
Then, in the week starting with 10th of June, another batch like this one, and so on...
Great news, any pictures from the stainless steel Version yet?

Can you make sure that Thomas receives one headphone stand with the old soft mushroom top?

May 22, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #1,908 of 2,343

Sounds good! Fingers crossed that I shall receive my Immanis during my birthday month of June. 🤗

May 22, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #1,910 of 2,343
May 22, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #1,911 of 2,343
Listening day is over for me, I'll share some impressions and perhaps some photos later

May 22, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #1,912 of 2,343
Late night listening recommendations with the Immanis ...

No disturbance around, no stress, a calm abandonment; heart, mind and soul wide open to these beautiful musical creations :)

1716410868054.png

Strings, and violin in particular, are very difficult via headphones for me, as I find it distracting when the violin tone is hardened by unnatural zinginess or hash. These recordings with the Immanis have a lifelike, organic, inviting timbre, and, at the same time, a sense of liveliness and excitement conveyed through effortless dynamics and utter resolution. The ghost images of the musicians just engage you as in a communial embrace. Try opus 131, so moving ...

1716411597500.png

Choral music is not usually my thing, but the Immanis has a special talent for it. Here, the magic sparkles from the vastness of the stage populated by a huge force of singers, eerily projected in the background, somehow portrayed with an ominous sense of evocation. The staggering dynamics, when called for, and the palpable presence of the soloists adds to the illusion of being transported to the venue. A gorgeous experience.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #1,915 of 2,343
https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/axpona-2024/

"You have to hear the RAAL headphones," a friend entices as we cross the raised walkway connecting the second floor of the convention center to the hotel. "They're the best headphones on the planet! You've heard of RAAL ribbon tweeters, right?" he continues. "Well, these are their headphones!"

Seated at the RAAL requisite booth at the Ear Gear Experience, I sample the RAAL Immanis Triple-Ribbon Headphones ($9460). It uses the RAAL Ribbon Current Drive Interface that allows you to use their headphones with standard headphone amps, I'm told. Also in play is the Feliks ENVY 300B Headphone Amplifier ($7900).

From the first strike on a snare through Diana Krall's cooing and breathy vocals, the RAAL Ribbon Current Drive headphones yield an extremely detailed and dynamic portal into "Temptation." Brushed snare and hi-hat, Anthony Wilson's plucked hollow body guitar, the warm tones of the Hammond B-3, and Krall's piano are ultra defined.

"Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams and Nils Rogers/Daft Punk unpacks a rumbling low end bass line, vivid vocals, keys, and drums with sparkling resolve, verve, and snap!

May 23, 2024 at 12:05 AM Post #1,917 of 2,343
the upgraded tubes are a huge addition

May 23, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #1,919 of 2,343
@XVampireX, You were one of the HeadFi members most excited about the Raal even with a countdown clock!!!
Looking forward to your impressions......... :popcorn:
I better not speak for himself, but I got a feeling that it was a certain shift for our XVampireX friend, that he needed to adapt to.
The high-end speaker fellows that were present had no need for any adaptation, as they are used to a normal tone balance that Immanis shares with most high-end speakers, so their transition was immediate and seamless.
One head-fier that dropped by later, a guitar player, said that whenever he buys a new set of headphones or IEMs, he immediately gets on with fiddling with EQ, but this was the first time that he had no such need...
It was interesting to watch how the curve of acceptance speed depends on previous background and years in the hobby, and how it relates to expectations.
But I digress...I'm also eagerly awaiting what the XVampireX will write.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
May 23, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #1,920 of 2,343
But I digress...I'm also eagerly awaiting what the XVampireX will write.
Before he writes anything, let me use this chance to ask you whether you received enough praise for the design.
I am especially referring to grills!

I wanted to write that before, but I guess I forgot.
I am not closely related to sound, except that I have been addicted to music my whole life.
I am no audiophile; I am a passionate music lover.

But I am professionally related to visuals, and what brought my attention to the Immanis/Magna (except we are neighbours :) ) were the grills!

You have made, possibly, the most beautiful grills in the whole headphones industry.
I say possibly because I haven't seen them all, but I have seen enough that I am not afraid to say things like this.

I hope everyone recognizes this because you did a very special and unique thing visually!

So, I am leaving the territory to the Vampire to show up:)

My garlic is ready :)))

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back