R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Jul 10, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #2,627 of 4,410
What is the secret too get blue tooth to work every time?. Most times, it connects to my Sony's, Sony tells me connection, screen shows connection. However, have only been able to get headphones to work 2 out of 10 times.
Not had that problem with mine. The range is not the best and I found having it on my pocket and moving causes it to drop out s but but never disconnected.

Jul 10, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #2,628 of 4,410
Not had that problem with mine. The range is not the best and I found having it on my pocket and moving causes it to drop out s but but never disconnected.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I don't lose the connection to my sony h.ear phones. There just is no sound. The same phones work with R3, R3 Pro, ZX300, Shanling M0, and Q1, without problems.

Jul 10, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #2,629 of 4,410
Can any R5 owners with Tidal HiFi and UAPP test if they are experiencing this issue switching between 16/44 and MQA I posted here on the UAPP thread? Thanks!
Last I heard, they were working on detecting internal MQA decoding ability of DAPs and handing MQA decoding to the DAPs in such cases. Might want to tell them to leave that bit out in the case of bitperfect players like the R5 because of this: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r5-a-new-android-dap-by-hiby.912566/page-147#post-15610086 :triportsad:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 11, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #2,630 of 4,410
Can anyone explain the relationship between iFi and HiBy? I’ve seen reps for each company on the other’s thread.

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:43 PM Post #2,632 of 4,410
Can anyone explain the relationship between iFi and HiBy? I’ve seen reps for each company on the other’s thread.
No relation at all, other than that I've become a rep for both 😅

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 11, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #2,633 of 4,410
No relation at all, other than that I've become a rep for both 😅

Thanks for the explanation. One other thing to report is when playing hi-res files using the album screen, the time indicator for the track hiccups constantly, so the elapsed time is not accurate. Thank you.

Jul 11, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #2,634 of 4,410
is there a config where i can have the r5 directly go into usb dac mode once i turn on my PC? i tried the dev setting to have it in dac but doesnt work

Jul 17, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #2,635 of 4,410
Finally received my replacement from MusicTeck. My R5 was definitely defective. SD card detected in new unit. It took a very long time to scan roughly 2,200 flac and WAV files. At least 5 times as long as it took the R3 Pro.
So all of my balanced cables are 2.5mm, so I have to use an adapter. I purchased the Hiby adapter, and I'm only getting sound from the left channel. Is it more likely this is an issue with the adapter, or the dap itself? I'm going to order a new adapter, as it's the only way to know for sure. It just kinda sucks that I've had to wait so long just to use the damn thing, and now I have to wait even longer. If this turns out to be a problem with the dap, I'm cutting my losses and going with a different brand. The R3 Pro worked like a charm. Frustrating....

Jul 17, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #2,636 of 4,410
Finally received my replacement from MusicTeck. My R5 was definitely defective. SD card detected in new unit. It took a very long time to scan roughly 2,200 flac and WAV files. At least 5 times as long as it took the R3 Pro.
So all of my balanced cables are 2.5mm, so I have to use an adapter. I purchased the Hiby adapter, and I'm only getting sound from the left channel. Is it more likely this is an issue with the adapter, or the dap itself? I'm going to order a new adapter, as it's the only way to know for sure. It just kinda sucks that I've had to wait so long just to use the damn thing, and now I have to wait even longer. If this turns out to be a problem with the dap, I'm cutting my losses and going with a different brand. The R3 Pro worked like a charm. Frustrating....
Do non balanced cables work? How about just getting the appropriately wired balanced cable instead of the adapter?

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #2,637 of 4,410
Make sure it's firmly connected in the socket it's easy to not get it fully inserted. No double entendre meant.

Jul 17, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #2,638 of 4,410
Make sure it's firmly connected in the socket it's easy to not get it fully inserted. No double entendre meant.

That was my mistake when I first used balanced.

Jul 17, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #2,639 of 4,410
Do non balanced cables work? How about just getting the appropriately wired balanced cable instead of the adapter?
I plan on getting a few 4.4mm cables, but I need to know if there is a problem with the 4.4mm jack on the dap 1st... Otherwise I'm spending money on cables I can't use. And yes, the single ended works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back