R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Dec 7, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #1,427 of 4,412
Am I the only person having difficulty streaming from Qobuz? I'm gonna have to cancel my subscription if this can't be fixed. I have to assume it's the R5 as I have no trouble using the app on any other device.
What's the trouble?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 7, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #1,428 of 4,412
I've posted several times about this and no one has commented. Typically when I try to listen to Qobuz after I touch the play icon there will be a brief pause then a box will briefly appear at the bottom of the screen stating "It's impossible to play this track. Thank you for trying another playback format or a different track." Sometimes I can log out and back into the app but that didn't work last night. I can play Tidal all day w/o any trouble. I can play Qobuz on my phone or computer and it plays flawlessly. And sounds better than Tidal in my opinion.

Dec 7, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #1,429 of 4,412
20191207_084028.jpg
20191207_084028.jpg
Here is a photo of the screen when this occurs.

Dec 7, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #1,430 of 4,412
Hiby Link functioned for a few hours last night then hit a glitch, froze, had to be restarted, and now R5 will not pair with my iPhone. I even reinstalled the app. Some unknown device message. I am so fed up with stuff not working. The time I waste troubleshooting these irritating niggles.
Please advise

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #1,431 of 4,412
Interceptor69 and mornedewey-

I do not use qobuz so I can’t help and have not seen that message at all. It seems like an app incompatibility with r5.

I guess this might not be helpful but I tried the DX 160 because of the problems (WiF, slow screen etc) I was having on the R5. It had many more issues. Worse Bluetooth, worse Wi-Fi, worse battery, app incompatibilities etc..
It does seem that these players are rushed to market not using the best available parts (to save money on costs) and we are beta testing full priced units which can go a long time if not forever without being fixed. Like m11 not being able to use apple store and google play for example. It is also funny how reviewers never comment on these issues. Wouldn’t you think they’d test at least the top few services and dap functions. But to you users that are either 100% happy or do enjoy troubleshooting that is good too.
But one thing is certain—the community is strong and full of people who want to help us-terrific people indeed.

Dec 7, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #1,432 of 4,412
I see that in Hiby music, in artist category, music is no longer displayed by album but in alphabetical song order. Any way to have this displayed by album, which is how it functioned before latest update? Please advise. And thanks to everyone being helpful and patient.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #1,433 of 4,412
I see that in Hiby music, in artist category, music is no longer displayed by album but in alphabetical song order. Any way to have this displayed by album, which is how it functioned before latest update? Please advise. And thanks to everyone being helpful and patient.
There's three icons at the top of the list for an artist, one labelled Shuffle all, then two unlabelled ones on the right. Tap the first unlabelled icon, the one that looks like a disc, and you will have your list in albums again.

Cheers,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #1,434 of 4,412
There's three icons at the top of the list for an artist, one labelled Shuffle all, then two unlabelled ones on the right. Tap the first unlabelled icon, the one that looks like a disc, and you will have your list in albums again.

Cheers,
Joe
Very good, thank you.
I have Dropbox’d two more songs from a live album that will not play gaplessly in Hiby music app. This time, the issue occurs when cabled, ie not using Bluetooth.

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #1,435 of 4,412
I get a few seconds of static sound/crackling sound over the music when playing a Tidal Masters file. It only happens when switching from a HiFi song to a Masters song. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #1,436 of 4,412
@Interceptor69 i hand’t problem with Qobuz app on R5, have you downloaded last firmware?

the only issue I noticed is when you have internal memory full R5 become slower

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #1,437 of 4,412
In order to connect R5 & iPhone via Hiby link I have to restart both devices each time. I’d like to think this isn’t truly necessary, that there’s a simple explanation/fix for this. I am obliged to anyone who provides this.
Also, there is an audible, mild static click between each song on an album when R5 is used in line out mode (Hiby music app).

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #1,440 of 4,412
I have been having wifi issues especially on mesh networks when handed off to 5GHz.

Superuser1 had asked if it could be an ipv6/ipv4 issue. I told him I never turned on ipv6 and he said he meant that he thought ipv4 might work better. He got me thinking and after some reading I found reports of some apps not working well UNLESS ipv6 was turned on. So I turned IPv6 on just for the heck of it. That was on Friday 12/6. I have not any drops since then. So today I turned off iPV6 and browsing stopped within 5 minutes and then streaming stopped. As soon as I turned on IPV6 everything started working again. So right now it looks like IPV6 needs to be turned on to avoid interrruptions, especially on some mesh networks and routers.
I'm also thinking that those of you having Qobuz issues etc--or any wifi issue should try turning on IPV6 in your router settings. I hope it works.

Superuser1 thank you for taking the time to help me. I never would have even achieved the 3 uninterrupted days (and hope for more) if not for you.
Interceptor69--hope this works for your Qobuz streaming issue. Let me know.
And thanks to all of you that read my posts and to those others who tried to help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back