R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 9, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #962 of 4,410
I'm interested in this DAP, purely to stream Amazon Music HD to wired headphones. Skimming through the entire thread, I'm led to believe there is no system level equalizer function. Although I could intall a third party equalizer app from the Play Store, how would this affect the convenience of using this player? I really want to literally use the Amazon app, without having to pre-load an equalizer each time I fire up the DAP.

Anyone with any experience on this?

Oct 9, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #963 of 4,410
I'm interested in this DAP, purely to stream Amazon Music HD to wired headphones. Skimming through the entire thread, I'm led to believe there is no system level equalizer function. Although I could intall a third party equalizer app from the Play Store, how would this affect the convenience of using this player? I really want to literally use the Amazon app, without having to pre-load an equalizer each time I fire up the DAP.

Anyone with any experience on this?

Hey, the Amazon Music HD Android App currently does not support the max resolution, as it does not recognize the R5 as a Hi-Rres capable player. so you will not play higher than 24 Bit, 44,1kHz.

Keep that in mind when considering to buy the R5.

BUT: Hiby was in discussion with Amazon and it seems they might have a solution. AND MSEB (The excellent and superior Hiby Equalizer) might be available systemwide in the future also.

Maybe both will be fixed in the next firmware.
A lot of "maybe"s I know. But Joe gave a hint on that, this might be addressed soon.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #967 of 4,410
Oct 9, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #968 of 4,410
Thanks guys, always looking for smaller iems, as I have a trouble with fit and pain if the nozzle is too big or the body of the iem touches my ear.

That's why I usually use akt8ieii, because it's light and tiny- I've got total iems but I can only wear them a little bit because they're bigger and heavier.
Tried Westone?

Oct 10, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #971 of 4,410
I Love R5 with IMR R1 Zenith!
Maybe I’ll buy RAH also...

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #972 of 4,410
I Love R5 with IMR R1 Zenith!
Maybe I’ll buy RAH also...

I have the Zenith and ordered the RAH. I'm searching for a DAP and probably will choose between the R5 or DX160. I prefer the R5 because it has Play Store but there's no sellers in Europe.

How good is the sound?

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #973 of 4,410
I have the Zenith and ordered the RAH. I'm searching for a DAP and probably will choose between the R5 or DX160. I prefer the R5 because it has Play Store but there's no sellers in Europe.

How good is the sound?
I had both kept the R5. The software is more stable and I personally like the sound better. I also like the compact and battery life

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #974 of 4,410
I had both kept the R5. The software is more stable and I personally like the sound better. I also like the compact and battery life
Interesting could you please elaborate on the sound part, even though i bought R5 i have always been interested in this comparison as lot of reviewers say that sound of dx160 is similar to that of dx220(even some comparing it to amp8)

True on software part i had dx120 pure dap and it kinda lagged little slow, R5 runs smooth running neutron with full 10 band peq and dsd converstion anything no lags what so ever

Oct 10, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #975 of 4,410

Thanks. It looks you're enjoying the R5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back