R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Aug 21, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #91 of 4,410
Hi, is the 4.4 balanced connector compatible with a 4.4 pentaconn plug?
That is the standard for which the port is built

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 22, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #95 of 4,410
What is the SNR ? and or dynamic range?

Does it beat out the new Ibasso DX160 in performance figures considering they are identical Cirrus chipsets ?
Identical is far from the truth... the SoC itself is a joke in the DX160

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #96 of 4,410
Identical is far from the truth... the SoC itself is a joke in the DX160
appears to be similarly priced and same market niche

agreed that the SoC on the Hib is better

Wish there was a way to compare the 4.4mm output directly lol, but of course one states in mW and other in Vrms

Aug 24, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #97 of 4,410
Aug 25, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #99 of 4,410
Aug 26, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #102 of 4,410
Would love to see more impressions of this guy... Have been considering a new dap as the fiio m9 I own is alright, but is often kind of clunky to use, and the chord mojo/poly is also clunky to use and not quite as portable as I would like. Really like the idea of this one with its more open system and the ability to install apps from the play store. Had also been interested in the m11 pro, which seems like it will likely delivery a more premium audio experience. But how much of an actual difference will it actually make, and no play store is definitely a minus.

Should probably wait until reviews start popping up before doing anything.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #103 of 4,410
Would love to see more impressions of this guy... Have been considering a new dap as the fiio m9 I own is alright, but is often kind of clunky to use, and the chord mojo/poly is also clunky to use and not quite as portable as I would like. Really like the idea of this one with its more open system and the ability to install apps from the play store. Had also been interested in the m11 pro, which seems like it will likely delivery a more premium audio experience. But how much of an actual difference will it actually make, and no play store is definitely a minus.

Should probably wait until reviews start popping up before doing anything.

I think the M11 Pro Will cost at least 700$€. Obviously it has better audio components and fastest SoC but no Play Store. The R5 seems to be more portable and has more power.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #104 of 4,410
I think the M11 Pro Will cost at least 700$€. Obviously it has better audio components and fastest SoC but no Play Store. The R5 seems to be more portable and has more power.

Understood. I know they aren't exactly in the same class. It seems the m11 pro might have a slightly better user experience with it's soc and bigger screen, but it seems the real focus of it is the akm4497eq dacs and the thx AAA amp. So I imagine it's targetting a higher market segment than the r5 (and also 300 dollars more expensive).

The r5 just seems like a solid all arounder with more flexibility (play store is a big one) even if it has slightly less premium audio components. Then again, will those differences even be audible? Who knows.

Anyways, kind of just exploring potential upgrade options to the m9 I currently have.

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #105 of 4,410
Excuse (or ignore) my ignorance, but what is the difference between the M11 and M11 pro? Dac chips?... Possibly more? I'm leaning towards the R5 atm, mostly based on cost, and Google play access. Still going to wait for reviews though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back