R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #543 of 4,410
Does the R5 support PD charge?

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #544 of 4,410
I ordered a blue leather case from hiby store. hope it turns out alright!

Sep 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #545 of 4,410
All of this talk of the R5 really has me itching to pull the trigger, but then my R6 Pro yells out, “Why, you got me!”

Anyone have both and would make a compelling case for buying the R5 if you already have the R6 Pro?

At this point I am eagerly waiting to see what the R8 Pro is all about...

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #549 of 4,410
With the output impedance of 10 ohms I have to kiss my T800 goodbye.

Not going to do that the Audiosense T800's will never leave my hands.

So it's a not to the r5 for me!
10 ohm? If you are referring to the R5 I thought that was less than 1 ohm...

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #550 of 4,410
I got the opportunity to listen to the R5 for some time today.

My general experience was.. The lows are so strong it interfers with my vision ears ve8 somehow.. Makes the sound extremely punchy and overloaded in the lows. Mid and treble is really fine.

But I found no sound quality settings like roll of olin the system settings. Only hiby app supports that?

Anyone had similar experiences? I heard the R5 should be very neutral.. But I feel it is really warm and bass emphasising. Used balanced out..

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #551 of 4,410

My general experience was.. The lows are so strong it interfers with my vision ears ve8 somehow.. Makes the sound extremely punchy and overloaded in the lows. Mid and treble is really fine.

But I found no sound quality settings like roll of olin the system settings. Only hiby app supports that?

Anyone had similar experiences? I heard the R5 should be very neutral.. But I feel it is really warm and bass emphasising. Used balanced out..
Did u mess with the settings...

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #552 of 4,410
With the output impedance of 10 ohms I have to kiss my T800 goodbye.

Not going to do that the Audiosense T800's will never leave my hands.

So it's a not to the r5 for me!
No dap has 10ohm output impedance..... And every review says it has the least hiss and lowest noise floor vs similar price products....

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #553 of 4,410

The filters are only available on the latest firmware. And no my bass is tight and in line, pretty close to neutral. Maybe someone messed with the mseb or eq?

Sep 14, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #554 of 4,410
Just want to report that the R5 is dead quiet on my Oriolus MK2s, which are very sensitives iems. Quiter than the dx150 on the balanced output.

The R5 is extremely hiss-free. With its sound quality and smooth operating experience, this becomes one of the best bang for buck devices I can think of.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back