1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Tanelorn, Aug 8, 2019.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. abitdeef
    It's a soft sound, it's the amp engaging and disengaging. Not a crackle.

2. abitdeef
    Ok so I was curious about Tidal since spotify and amazon music are so snappy on r5. I got the free trial (been a while) set steaming to master and messed with it. - I also put it on my galaxy 10e with 8 gig of ram and the snapdragon 855, well lo and behold they were both identical in speed.

I can't record my phone, but the switching of album covers and speed of menus switching is identical. On both no other programs were running. Here is a vid of the r5 with tidal, please excuse the crappy quality and the middle part where it looks like the play/pause button is not responding is me missing the hit box. - I'm right handed.

3. antdroid
    Yea, after the initial startup and letting everything get setup up, the player has been rock solid and fast.

equalspeace likes this.
  4. abitdeef
    Also there was a firmware update available today. Bug fixes, increased screen response, cutoff filters added, and some Japanese certification. 1.13G

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  5. HiFlight
    I have not found Tidal to lag either using it's own app or through UAPP. Fact is, Tidal, Spotify, Deezer and TuneIn all run normally for me with no noticeable lag. I do not, however, have a lot of apps running at the same time.

6. HiFlight
    Update went flawlessly. Took about 4 minutes. Over-air updates are the greatest thing since sliced bread!

equalspeace, superuser1 and abitdeef like this.
  7. VideoWork
    aptX/aptxHD supported? I did not find information on these protocols on the official site

8. HiFlight
    AptX is supported as it shows when playing my Bluetooth IEM's. Don't think AptX-HD is though.

VideoWork likes this.
  9. sensenonno
    still struggling to get this or dx160

snapdragon chip and play store are big plus but i ve read few reviews saying dx160 sq in especially 4.4mm out is better and it looks less like a zx300...

10. sensenonno
    may be i should wait for m6 and zx500 , then decide..

11. davidcotton
    I'd imagine a Lurker mod will be available for the dx160 adding playstore at some point, though of course that isn't a given.

12. abitdeef
    Lol ibasso ALWAYS sounds better- heavy sarcasm there. :wink: good luck with that RC soc. And zx500 isn't close in price.

superuser1 likes this.
  13. Medikill
    It’s only if you have your headphones plugged in whilst booting up, if not no sound :)

14. Medikill
    Hmm maybe I got a defective unit ? I’ll record what I mean by lag and put it up in a few mins

15. abitdeef
    Yep something is going on, mine runs just like my phone. The only lag on mine is me fumbling with my off hand to hit the correct points. I was just curious, I'm not big on tidal.

Also I haven't messed with any GP settings or system settings.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    CactusPete23 likes this.
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last