R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Jun 26, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #3,931 of 4,410
Where is that setting? I can not find it

Many thanks!

So if the battery reaches a certain level of charge, then DAP uses power from the USB computer? My point is whether I can use the HiBy R5 on a daily basis as a USB DAC for a computer without damaging its battery.

Could you describe in a few words the R5 sound signature? Does it have good dynamics?

I currently have a Radsone ES100 and I wonder if the R5 will have a similar sound signature (because I like it) but a higher SQ.
Sorry guys, I had my players mixed up. The R5 does not yet have manual charging limits of under 100% implemented in firmware. Of course, that doesn't mean it's burning its battery out, 100% is still of course a safe level for the battery to be at.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 2, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #3,933 of 4,410
Does anyone have a more granular source for the R5 Saber's power output? I know 1040mw at 16 Ohms/540mw at 32 Ohms on the balanced 4.4mm, but does anyone know what the 3.5mm single-ended output is? Thanks for any info!

Jul 7, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #3,934 of 4,410
I had seen this post from FB and it seems to be the Antenna for the Hiby R5 Saber. Is that correct?

@Joe Bloggs, is it possible to order this directly from Hiby and install in the original Hiby R5? I did not see this when my R5's back cover popped out.

This might help in better BT reception. Right?

Hiby R5 New Antenna.jpg

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #3,935 of 4,410
I had seen this post from FB and it seems to be the Antenna for the Hiby R5 Saber. Is that correct?

@Joe Bloggs, is it possible to order this directly from Hiby and install in the original Hiby R5? I did not see this when my R5's back cover popped out.

This might help in better BT reception. Right?

Hiby R5 New Antenna.jpg
No, that would be technically impossible. If your unit has bad Bluetooth reception, talk to HiBy at service@hiby.com and see if it needs to be sent in for service.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #3,936 of 4,410
Does anyone have a more granular source for the R5 Saber's power output? I know 1040mw at 16 Ohms/540mw at 32 Ohms on the balanced 4.4mm, but does anyone know what the 3.5mm single-ended output is? Thanks for any info!
HiBy R5 Saber
H983671904aa6499e9c71d30cc2389e11c.jpg

Jul 8, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #3,937 of 4,410
Hi, I just bought an Hiby R5. It's my first DAP and am still getting my head around it. A couple of issues I am hoping the users here can help me clarify.

1. Started loading my music library to the 512GB SD card (will take some time as I have a lot of DSD files). However I cannot get the Hiby music player to find the files and I tried every trick I could think of. I installed UAPP and it found the files immediately. The R5 has the latest firmware and more recent version of the app.

2. DSD files play at very low volume with strange crackling - not sure what's going on there and I will need to test further

3. Generally the volume is low and I need to go to 70-80 to listen. I just ordered a 4,4mm cable (Tripowin C8 the only one I could get delivered on time before leaving for my holiday) and I hope this will solve this issue as I can use the Balanced output.

Any other feedback/ideas welcome

Jul 9, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #3,938 of 4,410
Hi, I just bought an Hiby R5. It's my first DAP and am still getting my head around it. A couple of issues I am hoping the users here can help me clarify.

1. Started loading my music library to the 512GB SD card (will take some time as I have a lot of DSD files). However I cannot get the Hiby music player to find the files and I tried every trick I could think of. I installed UAPP and it found the files immediately. The R5 has the latest firmware and more recent version of the app.

2. DSD files play at very low volume with strange crackling - not sure what's going on there and I will need to test further

3. Generally the volume is low and I need to go to 70-80 to listen. I just ordered a 4,4mm cable (Tripowin C8 the only one I could get delivered on time before leaving for my holiday) and I hope this will solve this issue as I can use the Balanced output.

Any other feedback/ideas welcome
1. Have you performed a music scan in HiBy Music? If so what were the options selected? Is the app able to see your files at least in Files view?
3. What earphones are you listening with? Is the player set to low or high gain?

Jul 9, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #3,939 of 4,410
Hi guys so I just bought a Hiby R5 Saber, and I'm experiencing some issues with my WiFi. I live in a fairly small flat (1200 sqft) and I've invested in quite a expensive router to get optimal coverage all through out my flat, which I do with all my gadgets except the Hiby R5s.

R5s only has a full wifi signal if I am standing next to my router. Moving to any other rooms causes a drop in bars. And the main issue is while streaming tidal I'm experiencing buffering 4 times, in a 3 hour listening session. The buffering is happening cause even though the r5s is still connected to my wifi signal, it won't pick up any speed for a couple of minutes and then suddenly it will resume playing music again.

I'm using 2.4 ghz frequency signal from my router. Being in the same spot using Tidal my Android phone never drops wifi signal or buffers during Tidal playback, nor does my laptop.

Is this a common issue for everyone and can I get some advice whether I should claim warranty for this? Thanks in advance. I bought it the Hiby R5 Saber mainly for streaming music, so kinda disappointed with its performance.

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_202147.jpg
    IMG_20210708_202147.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 9, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #3,940 of 4,410
I have exactly the same wifi problems on my R5s. The signal is nowhere near as strong as on my phone or tablet. It rarely picks up the wifi on startup and drops out after 10 minutes. I've given up streaming it's so bad. (I had no such problems with my R3.) I think there could be an issue with the wifi module. Very disappointing.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #3,941 of 4,410
I have exactly the same wifi problems on my R5s. The signal is nowhere near as strong as on my phone or tablet. It rarely picks up the wifi on startup and drops out after10 minutes. I've given up streaming it's so bad. (I had no such problems with my R3.) I think there could be an issue with the wifi module. Very disappointing.
That's sad to hear bro, I will definitely send it for warranty if the issue continues. I can't give up on streaming unfortunately that's what I bought the device for.

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #3,942 of 4,410
That's so weird, my R5 has superb wi-fi performance.
All I use it for is Spotify (both offline and downloaded).
It's the OG version, but I doubt that has any bearing on wifi 🤷‍♂️
I think you should both contact Hiby.

I have noticed some slowdown when starting up, and starting Spotify.
I think this may be due to Spotify updates becoming more demanding(?).
I'm looking forward to hi-res Spotify, if it ever happens, but I am concerned about whether the R5 will be able to cope with whatever changes need to be made to the app.
It's still fine once the app is up and running (except for some slowness updating artwork while scrolling etc), but I do feel that initial boot has either become slower over time, or I have become more impatient!
Generally though I still love my R5 in all other respects.

If/when Hiby release a successor to the R5 I hope it will add:
Slightly faster processor.
Physical hold button.
Volume wheel instead of buttons.

Same size, same sound quality, same everything else would be fine by me (but I wouldn't kick even better SQ out of bed!).

Jul 11, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #3,945 of 4,410
@Joe Bloggs any advice regarding the wifi drop issues on hiby r5s?
What does the WiFi bars drop down to throughout the house?

Do the dropout issues not happen when you're at full bars?

Are you using any WiFi repeaters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back