R/L Balance check: How to?
Mar 21, 2008 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Traddad

500+ Head-Fier
I have a bit of hearing loss in my right ear and use the pan function on my D2 to compensate. The problem is that I have to reset the pan when I move between my ATH-ES7's and my MS-2i's. The MS-2i's seem to require a lot less compensation than my ES7's. Is there a dead on balanced MP3 download or a sound check CD I can use to check this out?
Of course this may just stem from the wavelength of my hearing loss and the differing sonic signatures of the two sets of cans....but I'd still like to check it out.

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #2 of 7
Man....a couple of hours and this is deep into the second page....Anyone?

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah, mono track is probably your best bid. Hearing loss in general affects more on the higher spectrum of hearing range than lower. My guess is MS-2 requires less compensation because it is brighter than ES7.

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hearing loss in general affects more on the higher spectrum of hearing range than lower. My guess is MS-2 requires less compensation because it is brighter than ES7.

That is exactly my thought but I wanted to check it nonetheless.

Mar 21, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #6 of 7
I would check the ohms with a volt/ohm meter of each headset ear piece left and right. A half ohm difference can make the center image appear off center to the side of the lower resistant ear piece.

Mar 21, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 7
my apple laptop (powerbook) seems to drift Right to Left occasionally, and i always seem to notice while listening to drum solos (assuming the drums are mixed center). I think snare drum and cymbals, especially, have a razor thin sonic image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back