R.I.P.
Mar 30, 2005 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Today we (the royal we) mourn the unfortunate passing of one of the central pillars of life. It is my unfortunate honor to inform myself that fate has called my V6s to a better place. A place where headphones may be truely happy.

Such a cruel game is life; to tragicaly rip from the ears such an icon. For over four years they served their role with dedication. They knew they weren't the best, but that never stopped them from trying. After susustaining a near-fatal wound in the great messy-floor incident of late 2003 they were rebuilt.

Yet deep wounds never fully heal and wounds of old reopen and spread. Such is life, and death. And as the DSL modem continues to pay it's respects by disconnecting itself for over 40 times in a row, I bid you adeu.
plainface.gif

"Remember, you are a hydrocarbon polymer and to a hydrocarbon polymer you will return!"*sniff*

[size=xx-small]I stepped on them, btw.[/size]

Mar 30, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
At least it was a quick death.

An emergency operation was attempted, yet was in vain.

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 20
At least save the drivers and cord...

sucks though, ,aby you can do a million dollar man thing with their parts
"we have the technology, we can rebuild him, faster, stronger" ect ( i dont know how the real quote goes but you get the idea
eek.gif

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
thanks god its dead, now you dont have to suffer the bad sound anymore.

savage the earpads and driver though.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

bad sound? Sure you ain't talking about the Beyerdynamic 250-250's?
eek.gif
tongue.gif

The 7506's are, IMHO, one of the finest closed headphones. People just hate them because of their revealing nature...especially when you listen via a bad portable source, like a panasonic discman or worse, just bad music
eek.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

Minus all the tongue-in-cheek babble, i feel for you CaptBubba. My vote goes to restoring the device if the drivers are not shot. It's a gorgeous headphone and i've had mine for about four years and it's in fine shape after all the abuse i've dished out on it. No other headphone could withstand being tossed around so much.

Let's all take a moment and say a prayer for a fallen brother.

Mar 31, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #11 of 20
holy moly... how'd you do that? My 40 pound kid has sat on mine repeatedly and they survived just fine.

Its not the end completely...
transplant the drivers into a larger headphone. I did that with an $11 Maxell HP2000. Bass extends much lower and the 3khz midrange peak is a bit higher up in the spectrum, I'd guess around 9-10k. I use my EQ to adjust the treble to taste.

Im going to do a recable with some canare quad-4 this weekend.

I'd offer you $20 for the drivers, but Ive maxed my credit card
confused.gif
Iwonder how that V6 driver would sound in an open can... UR40 perhaps?

Garrett

401268_243_full.jpg

401268_245_full.jpg

401268_244_full.jpg

Mar 31, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

bad sound? Sure you ain't talking about the Beyerdynamic 250-250's?
eek.gif
tongue.gif

The 7506's are, IMHO, one of the finest closed headphones. People just hate them because of their revealing nature...especially when you listen via a bad portable source, like a panasonic discman or worse, just bad music
eek.gif
tongue.gif
icon10.gif

it hurts my eardrums really bad. there's alot of pressure and my ears are sensitive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I'd offer you $20 for the drivers, but Ive maxed my credit card
confused.gif

me too, weird.

Mar 31, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
it hurts my eardrums really bad. there's alot of pressure and my ears are sensitive.

What do you mean by pressure? Clamping force of the headphones (which there is none) or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back