R.I.P. Dr. Amar Bose
Jul 14, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #21 of 54
I'm honestly tired of people assuming bose isn't good. You know what I think? All these audiophiles are scared of bose for offering attractive convenient products that sound decent. Everyone just assumes the ae2 and qc15 are terrible. They're not. And this guy just died, who cares about the headphones that came out of his company?

R.I.P. Dr. Bose

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #22 of 54
I'm honestly tired of people assuming bose isn't good. You know what I think? All these audiophiles are scared of bose for offering attractive convenient products that sound decent. Everyone just assumes the ae2 and qc15 are terrible. They're not. And this guy just died, who cares about the headphones that came out of his company?

R.I.P. Dr. Bose

I don't think anyone anyone believes they're terrible, just overpriced. 
I personally think QC15s are reasonably priced, as half that $300 goes to the awesome NC. 

Whatever the pricing of his products now, he was undoubtedly a pioneer in the audio industry...much respect to him and best wishes to his family. 

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #24 of 54
For almost everyone, the quest for great audio begins with the recognition that not all audio reproduction systems sound the same.  Dr. Bose did the entire audio industry a great service by educating the public on this fact.

RIP Dr. Bose.

Jul 15, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 54
RIP Dr Amar Gopal Bose.

Not a fan of everything but the 901 will always hold a place in my heart and my house.

Aabar dekha hobe Bododa.

See you again my Brother (in his native Bengali).

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #26 of 54
Rest in Peace.

In a way, Bose brought me here.  Got a pair of AE2's at a Duty Free shop for an 11 hour flight back in 2011, thought to myself: "I've finally bought a pair of professional headphones!"

So sure I had found audio bliss, I looked up reviews to confirm that I had, indeed, purchased the best headphones available to humankind, and thus found this forum.  Boy was I wrong.  Traded those AE2s for a pair of DT-880s after reading recommendations, and haven't looked back. Still, Bose will always be in my heart as the first pair of headphones I bought that didn't come with my iPhone or iPod.

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #27 of 54
Here is a link about BOSE milestones:

http://worldwide.bose.com/aim/en_ve/web/milestones/page.html

Just so everyone can inform themselves about the company a bit. They achieved many things, they might not all make the total audipohile happy, but they make some damn great products - technologically speaking.

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #29 of 54
R.I.P. Amar. Definitely nothing respect and a thanks for his huge contributions to the audiophile community. Who hasn't been influenced or wowed by his work? My father prized his 901's and have plenty fond memories of listening to music on them throughout my childhood and teenage years. His pioneering perspective on immersive audio definitely helped my whole family develop a love for quality audio! Cheers! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back