Quotes from your significant other (or other people) about your "addiction"
Jun 10, 2007 at 2:14 PM Post #31 of 59
"Are you listening to that mouse music again?"

[Note: I've really gotta get closed phones.
tongue.gif
]

Jun 10, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #32 of 59
I'm pretty lucky in this way, my wife knows that this is my job and when I walk in the door with some gadget or other it's just me working. So, I totally skate by on the money thing. What does get to her from time to time is the amount of time I spend reading and posting on Head-Fi.

Usually the comment is: "So, how are the geeks, baby?"

But every once in a while she'll say: "Will you stop talking to your girlfriends and mow the lawn."

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #34 of 59
My wife walks in and sees the open boxes from something new I've bought, smiles, and asks "So how much more do I get to spend?"

We have a 'matching funds' agreement. Whatever I spend on hobbies, she gets to match. And yes, I kept honest accounting records.
cool.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #35 of 59
My wife is the coolest, so I can't relate.
biggrin.gif

Besides, I balance out my expensive hobbies with frugality in other areas. I drive a car that I bought for $500 two years ago, and will replace it with a similarly valuable vehicle when it dies.

Something's gotta give. Balance = Happiness

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #40 of 59
My last girlfriend said, "You've got too many radios" which in female Jamaican language means speakers, amps, CD players, headphones, cables. All of those electronic things are considered radios. My present girlfriend, also a Jamaican, has taken a greater interest and sometimes likes to compare headphones with me.

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #41 of 59
i don't have like one wife/girlfriend as they seem to come and go..ehh single life you know.

but over the years i have got a few really nice quotes from some of them..

"why do you listen to them funny looking things so much?'
my reply was something like "that can be said for other things in my life also.."

"you are not going out with those on..not with me" saying that about me leaving the house to go shopping with her and the rs-1's.

best one i heard was when i was 20 and programming lights in dance clubs..

she said " your always at the club playing with the lights, always playing with the lights..always"

my response was " at least the lights are not out with my friends and playing with my friends when i am not at the club.."

sad part is i latter found out i was rite on the money..still love those lights!

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:13 PM Post #42 of 59
^ nice story.

"You buy so much of these expensive things, it's not good for you. You only need a cellphone with your music in it. That way you don't need the big speakers."

Jun 24, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #44 of 59
She doesn't say anything b/c I signed a waver that I wouldn't say the following, EVER:

"Did you really need a fifth Louis Vuitton bag?"

"Another pair of shoes?? We have no room!"

"That little bottle of makeup is how much??"

"No"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back