Quloos QA390
Dec 12, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 138
The future is dual DAPs. A transportable DAP and a pocketable DAP.
It would be great to have a portable DAP that can be docked into a transportable/desktop unit. Questyle and Cowon have something, but with limited functionality and very expensive.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #18 of 138
It would be great to have a portable DAP that can be docked into a transportable/desktop unit. Questyle and Cowon have something, but with limited functionality and very expensive.
+1

Dec 17, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #20 of 138
I was thinking about getting the QA390 and a new headphone. Do you think it will have enough power for the Hifiman Ananda? (I don't have neither and open to ideas for a new headphone).

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #21 of 138
I wonder if you compare the QLS 390 with other players of its price segment and older, what will it sound like? Does it deserve attention as a relatively portable player?

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #23 of 138
I demoed it , its a good product ,but for me I wanted a unit that had an eq.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #24 of 138
I demoed it , its a good product ,but for me I wanted a unit that had an eq.

How would it compare to your Cowon players, if I may ask?

Feb 7, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #25 of 138
Any new experiences with this device? Deciding on gettinf this or stacking a good dac/amp.

Feb 7, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #26 of 138
Also very interested in any impressions people may have. Comparisons to the N6ii? Etc. : )

Edit - perhaps just as important...anyone know if the interface has an option for English?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #28 of 138
UI is essentially the same as that of the QA361, so yes, there's an "English" option.

I wonder if it has a current gain button like the player. This thing is perfect for planars.

I wonder how sensitive this thing is to failing from its dependency on its high powered batteries. That got me with my old Chord Hugo 1.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #29 of 138
I wonder if it has a current gain button like the player. This thing is perfect for planars.

I wonder how sensitive this thing is to failing from its dependency on its high powered batteries. That got me with my old Chord Hugo 1.
From the video I’ve seen it does seem to have a gain switch (and/or, is that the ‘super mode’ aka ‘supper’ mode mentioned? Hah).

Yeah I am also wondering how many cycles those batteries are really going to last for, and if they’re user replaceable or what and how much. And whether it is constantly draining the battery, or if the thing will run straight from the wall (I.e., while separately charging battery if needed). I presume the latter,but I dunno.

I wonder how it does with IEMs too...and what the damn thing sounds like...can’t find any impressions of how it sounds or what it compares to for the life of me.

I guess I like to wonder a lot : )

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #30 of 138
EDIT: Nevermind website was typo'd.

I just realized, with the air flying limit for carry-on batteries being 27,000mah, this transportable monster with 30,000mah could not be taken with you by hand.

:deadhorse:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back