Quloos QA390
Jun 23, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #78 of 138
Have you noticed that the wires on my unit are different than on your picture?

497220280_—_ImgBB.png

In a few days i will have more time - im gong to change those and compare between the 2 units i have.

Jul 19, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #80 of 138
How about this... My "Audio Corner" or as my wife call it the "Kids getaway Zone"....

From the left - Cowon P2, SP2000, R2R2000, Teac ha-p90sd, Calyx M...... and before with Cowon L, Cayin N6ii, Hiby R6 SS....
Great setup, man!!
Would you mind comparing the Calyx M to the SP2000? :)
Edit: I guess both are inferior compared to the QA390?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #81 of 138
No point to compare.... they are both very good in sound terms. They have different presentation and different functionality ... and price!!
Yes - i prefer the Qa390 over both of them - i like the bigger stage in front, some have different taste than mine :):)

Jul 19, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #82 of 138
No point to compare.... they are both very good in sound terms. They have different presentation and different functionality ... and price!!
Yes - i prefer the Qa390 over both of them - i like the bigger stage in front, some have different taste than mine :):)
Is it somehow possible for you to write down the sound differences/presentation of those 3 sources?

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:19 AM Post #87 of 138
I'm hunting for a Transportable right now to go with my Diana Phi. I'm interested in this unit. Is it available internationally for sale?

There seem to be very little impressions here. I'm wondering how Hugo 2 and ifi DSD black label stack up vs this and maybe even the AK Kann Cube? These are currently my list of transportables to choose from

Aug 9, 2020 at 5:55 AM Post #88 of 138
I'm hunting for a Transportable right now to go with my Diana Phi. I'm interested in this unit. Is it available internationally for sale?

There seem to be very little impressions here. I'm wondering how Hugo 2 and ifi DSD black label stack up vs this and maybe even the AK Kann Cube? These are currently my list of transportables to choose from
There are many differences between the QA 390, and the the two DAC/Amps you mention (btw, I have the iDSD BL, very happy with it). The main difference though is the fact that the QA390 is a player, while the other two need to be connected to a source. Other main differences in favor of the QA390 are bluetooth and balanced circuitry, if those are significant for you. Then of course Chord and iFi are well established brands with a track record of very successful, highly appreciated products, Quloos doesn’t match up in that area.

Sep 30, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #90 of 138
Joining the thread as a long time QLS fan
Have you had any problems or let down with the QLS? How do you find them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back