Quite Possibly the BIGGEST Headphone Troll EVER.
Nov 3, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #16 of 39
@Riku: The bible.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: oh I changed it to a more fitting one (the message is very similar though) after you replied

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #17 of 39
@Abovetheair

Nope, since Etymotic IEMs aren't exactly the kind of IEMs you'd want to share with someone, especially since they have that ear-rape feeling at first. Plus, I know it wouldn't have made a difference anyway. If it were me in that situation before I forced myself to read up on these things a little on Head-Fi, I probably wouldn't have believed anyone who said otherwise either.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #19 of 39
Come to think of it, I'm still not sure I've really noticed much of an improvement from my headphones, except when I compared them to my friend's IEMs, which he got for free somewhere and were the worst things I had ever heard (much, much worse than stock Apple earbuds). It probably has something to do with the fact that I don't see a reason to have to not use any of them for like 4 days to get the sound signature out of my brain and then test them individually. Or that my ears just aren't that discerning. Oh well, I'd rather continue trusting Head-Fi's advice and living in blissful ignorance.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #20 of 39

Quote:
@TobaccoRoad

"A troll is someone who will state something only with the intention of stirring up controversy. Typically the statement is so absurd that only the most noobish of noobs will get offended and respond." - KnowYourMeme

Your point? Although I guess that makes me the most noobish of noobs XD.

Eh I guess it could apply since I don't really know the kid like you do. But in my experience a lot of these people actually mean it when they say it. I let my friend listen to my setup and he still preferred his Beats. What does that tell ya

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:
After club activities, I was talking with my friends outside and I had my IEMs out (Etymotic MC3) and then this kid in my grade came over and belittled them, saying that I should get Bose (that he pronounced Bos-ee) or Beats, which were, he said, the best headphones available. Then when I tried to educate him, he said something about me being angry because I have cheap crappy headphones. My rage was indescribable.

This reminds me of pretty much 90% of my school. No matter what I bring to school weather its my m50, my ie6, my m11p+, or m6. People just look at em and immediately without even listening to em say why would you waste your money on that crap get skullcandies or beats or bose because they make the greatest headphones. I just die a little more inside every time i hear that. Although some people listen to my headphones, most listen to their ipod which usually consists of limewie 128kbps gangsta rap crap so they say that my headphones suck when in reality its their crappy music. But gladly some are improving and now some of them listen to my ipod which is all apple lossless so they end up really liking my headphones.

Nov 3, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #22 of 39
Well it is true that he probably really believed what he was telling me, but my definition of troll is much less clearly defined than KnowYourMeme's. Basically anyone who says anything unthinkably stupid is a troll to me. And like I was saying, I am well aware that people wouldn't change their mind even if you did let them try your headphones. It's a state of mind thing, I guess. But I really shouldn't be talking. It's not like I am an expert or anything. Far from it. I just didn't want to feel like I have wasted my (parents') money, so I looked into it a bit before purchasing.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 39
Quote:
I liked the original better. And LOL @ it being from the bible... shows how terrible of a Catholic I am...
rolleyes.gif

You don't need to feel more guilty than I do.
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #24 of 39
Well I think that's 90% (or more) of every school. I dislike my past self sometimes for wondering why people liked CDs when you could just get it on iTunes. Or why people would spend so much money on headphones (although some prices ARE pretty crazy). Now I feel better knowing that I won't make such silly statements ever again.

Quote:
Quote:
After club activities, I was talking with my friends outside and I had my IEMs out (Etymotic MC3) and then this kid in my grade came over and belittled them, saying that I should get Bose (that he pronounced Bos-ee) or Beats, which were, he said, the best headphones available. Then when I tried to educate him, he said something about me being angry because I have cheap crappy headphones. My rage was indescribable.

This reminds me of pretty much 90% of my school. No matter what I bring to school weather its my m50, my ie6, my m11p+, or m6. People just look at em and immediately without even listening to em say why would you waste your money on that crap get skullcandies or beats or bose because they make the greatest headphones. I just die a little more inside every time i hear that. Although some people listen to my headphones, most listen to their ipod which usually consists of limewie 128kbps gangsta rap crap so they say that my headphones suck when in reality its their crappy music. But gladly some are improving and now some of them listen to my ipod which is all apple lossless so they end up really liking my headphones.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #26 of 39
The shuffle is more than capable
wink.gif
Well it will get them loud enough but that's about it.

Quote:
At the next CanJam I'm going to walk around with my HD-800 with only an Ipod Shuffle just to annoy all of you
regular_smile .gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #28 of 39
Quote:
At the next CanJam I'm going to walk around with my HD-800 with only an Ipod Shuffle just to annoy all of you
regular_smile .gif

Actually, this is better than the other way around, like using cheap earbuds with a DAC1.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #29 of 39
I think this thread should go in the Member's Lounge, but whatever.

It's best to just leave people to think what they want to - or maybe it's just not worth the effort trying to convince them otherwise. On the other hand, headphones and earphones such as the ER4Ps or HD25s are less likely to be stolen than the blingy Beats or Bose whatevers. When other students ask me about my ThinkPad, I just act like it's an old laptop. That's what it looks like to most people. You can still get other people to try some universally appealing headphones, though. Select models like the SRH840s have the capacity to impress audiophiles and non-audiophiles alike.

Quote:
Actually, this is better than the other way around, like using cheap earbuds with a DAC1.

Good point there.

Nov 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #30 of 39
yeah, a troll is someone who knows what they're talking about, but says something contrary to it to stir controversy.  like, if Jude, Clie, or Joker decided to say that apple buds are the best.  your definition is just a misinformed individual.

anywho, i had never heard of the mc3 before today, but w/e.  haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back