Quick SR-80, MS1 POLL
Dec 14, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #16 of 25
I love the bass on my 80's. The drums on these cans can really sound awesome.

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 25
Is it just that there's more "analytical" listeners or what? I didn't expect these results. Maybe I should of waited one more day and paid an extra $25 for one of these.

Well it's too late now...

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:27 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the bass on my 80's. The drums on these cans can really sound awesome.

ha. I love that Grado statement in your sig
cool.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:30 AM Post #19 of 25
60's are nice too. Give yourself some time then you can always upgrade. Someone should buy your 60's here for a reasonable price.When you want to sell. I would get some 225's next
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by SBD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just that there's more "analytical" listeners or what? I didn't expect these results. Maybe I should of waited one more day and paid an extra $25 for one of these.

Well it's too late now...

The MS-1s are very popular for people that live overseas because the Grados sell for much more. So, the MS-1s are an inexpensive alternative to those looking for the Grado sound.

Dec 14, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #21 of 25
Its true. I know whenever I wanted to go to a concert I always wanted front row seats so why settle for headphones that put you back about 20 rows(SENNS). Quote:

ha. I love that Grado statement in your sig
cool.gif

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #23 of 25
I owned both at one point & ended up returning the SR-80s because the sibilance on the highs was just a little too much for me. It was fantastic on less sibilant recordings however.

IMHO, MS-1s with bowl pads (very important!) for the win!

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #24 of 25
at least in 2-3 years I'll be that much more satisfied with the 225s...
frown.gif

my family has a lot of money and we live in a big house but they seriously rejected me buying "professional headphones." I mean, I already bought that expensive ipod and they already come with earphones right?
rolleyes.gif

I could get the sr80's but I just felt too guilty (that and I always get a dirty look for being greedy).

Jan 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

at least in 2-3 years I'll be that much more satisfied with the 225s...
frown.gif

my family has a lot of money and we live in a big house but they seriously rejected me buying "professional headphones." I mean, I already bought that expensive ipod and they already come with earphones right?
rolleyes.gif

I could get the sr80's but I just felt too guilty (that and I always get a dirty look for being greedy).

LOL yep, same deal with me, family thought I was crazy spending over $50 on headphones. Just wait till you're out and in college, then you can get whatever you want.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back