Quick question.
Feb 26, 2009 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fluffygdog95

500+ Head-Fier
I do not know much about speakers. Are the Realistic Mach Two speakers decent? I have a pair in my house and I would like to know any information I could about them.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for any replies.

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 2
I miss my Mach 2's.
Theyre great for rocking your house. I like them better than Cerwin Vega's for that, but theyre not audiophile level speakers.
Yes they got bass, and are fairly clean sounding and powerful, but theyre boomy, you can hear the cabinet resonances, the dual radial super horn tweeters are beemy,
but i did DJ a few parties with them, and for large rooms in a home theyre great if you just wanna party.

They almost have bin speaker SPLs. Theyre rated at 94spl 1 watt/1 meter @ 8 ohms
Pro Bin speakers are usually between 101-106spl 1 watt/1 meter.

Freq res= 25-40,000hz
160 watts rms, or until you see the light show up in the port- hole in the front.

I used to rock mine pretty hard at parties, and the crossover caps would vibrate themselves right off the circuit board, and i had to resolder them in again. Some of that blue silicone stuff globed around the wires helped stop that, cuz i was tired of picking up capacitors off the floor of the speaker cabinet.

I found them to sound boomy on the floor, so i got some 6" mt3000 stands for them, with spikes, which really helped.

Run over 14ga wire to them, and at least a 100w per ch amp.

Dont go deaf!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back