Quick question about tdk ba200 iem
Nov 18, 2013 at 5:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blaalad12

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, Got mine in the post today which was extremely fast given that i only ordered them friday and theyre status over the weekend read "delayed" and expected delivery wasnt until wednesday which was still good given at how cheap the postage was , but anyway's i finally have my hands on these mid tier bad boys :) 

Heres my question, I was expecting the newer version but it was the older version with the extension cord that i got, Is theyre any difference between the two other then one long lead v's 2 short leads? I cant help but feel the newer version would of been better!

I also used the stock bi flange tips (i believe they are called) first and was like wow thats a deep insertion but i found the sound to be muffled let alone they were pretty uncomfortable so i then changed them out for the medium comply's (no idea if they were the new ts 100 serios but thats what they looked like, they are dome shaped) these were comfy,not amazingly comfortable but comfy in comparison to the stock bi flanges, Bass seemed to improve and over all the sound just simply sounded better!! 

Anyway, what i wanted to ask is if there is a difference between the old version and newer version? and is burn in required for these? They sound fine, but would be nice to know they will sound even better in time :) 

p.s what are the spare filters for btw? these are my first pair of proper iems so have no idea what they are ha 

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 4
  Hey guys, Got mine in the post today which was extremely fast given that i only ordered them friday and theyre status over the weekend read "delayed" and expected delivery wasnt until wednesday which was still good given at how cheap the postage was , but anyway's i finally have my hands on these mid tier bad boys :) 

Heres my question, I was expecting the newer version but it was the older version with the extension cord that i got, Is theyre any difference between the two other then one long lead v's 2 short leads? I cant help but feel the newer version would of been better!

I also used the stock bi flange tips (i believe they are called) first and was like wow thats a deep insertion but i found the sound to be muffled let alone they were pretty uncomfortable so i then changed them out for the medium comply's (no idea if they were the new ts 100 serios but thats what they looked like, they are dome shaped) these were comfy,not amazingly comfortable but comfy in comparison to the stock bi flanges, Bass seemed to improve and over all the sound just simply sounded better!! 

Anyway, what i wanted to ask is if there is a difference between the old version and newer version? and is burn in required for these? They sound fine, but would be nice to know they will sound even better in time :) 

p.s what are the spare filters for btw? these are my first pair of proper iems so have no idea what they are ha 

Off the top of my head I believe the old version actually comes with the 1/4" adapter and something else and the new version doesn't. Just different accessories the new and old version have the same specs. (http://www.head-fi.org/t/584123/tdk-ba200-impressions-and-appreciation-thread/930)

The filters are for if they fall off they can be replaced up to 6 times with the spares (the filters are placed at the end of the nozzle), if you're careful you shouldn't need to worry about this.

A little burn in will adjust the sound but nothing to an extent.

I hope to be getting these as my first high quality IEMs, i'm coming from the Klipsch S4 and going to wait until black friday to see if something like the Westone 3 or TF10s drop to a good price. Where did you purchase these?

Nov 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #3 of 4
  Off the top of my head I believe the old version actually comes with the 1/4" adapter and something else and the new version doesn't. Just different accessories the new and old version have the same specs. (http://www.head-fi.org/t/584123/tdk-ba200-impressions-and-appreciation-thread/930)

The filters are for if they fall off they can be replaced up to 6 times with the spares (the filters are placed at the end of the nozzle), if you're careful you shouldn't need to worry about this.

A little burn in will adjust the sound but nothing to an extent.

I hope to be getting these as my first high quality IEMs, i'm coming from the Klipsch S4 and going to wait until black friday to see if something like the Westone 3 or TF10s drop to a good price. Where did you purchase these?

I bought them from totalblankmedia, first time buying from them but cant complain, they were the cheapest price i could find within the eu and delivery was exceptionally cheap/fast , Could of course got them cheaper in the us but shipping fees are ridiculous from us to ireland , only cost me summit like 2.50 to have these shipped :) 

Nov 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 4

I wondered the same after I sold my first pair of BA200s. Luckily there is no sound difference, so no reason for concern. The first version did come with a shirt clip and 1/4 adapter and the second doesn't. 

Definitely a little mental burn-in necessary for these guys. At first IMO, they were a little muddy and warm but after a few days of listening the bass quality has improved and clarity is superb. These come closest I've ever heard to having an analog sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back