quick question about pc power issues
Mar 10, 2010 at 4:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

freakydrew

500+ Head-Fier
I just installed a Xonar HDAV Deluxe, it requires power and has a 4-pin (male) ATX. (4 pins in a row)The only extra item in my Dell XPS which says P7 on the side and appears to come from the PC power supply is a 6 pin (female 2 rows of 3).
I have spent numerous hours searching for a simple adapter and can not seem to find a 4 pin female to plug into the Xonar which has a 6 pin male at the other end.

Please help me before I go nuts.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 12
Hi, sounds like you're after a splitter cable, commonly known as a "molex splitter cable", probably available from most pc stores or hobbyist electronic stores!

2d8ies.jpg

Cheers

edit: or it could be the smaller version, used to be used for powering floppy drives!

qo9m4x.jpg

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #9 of 12
except I need the opposite. I need to have 4-pin FEMALE...(aye, there's the rub!) with a 6-pin male.
I am thinking I may need to somehow rewire the six-pin PCI power or something. I live in a rural area so will check the one local computer store today and hope for the best!

thanks for the help so far...lol Fallen ANgel, yeah that search took 15 seconds, it is the female male thing that is the problem...in pc's and in life

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #10 of 12
You're not paying attention. The 6 pin dual-inline doesn't have what you want.

You'll have to put a Y splitter on one of the sata power lines and then a sata-to-molex adapter on the Y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back