Quick question about M^3 V-
Jan 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Groundzero

100+ Head-Fier
I'm about to plug in my M^3 and do the initial setup but I realized the resistance between V- and my chassis is about 1500ohms. Is this normal? There are no shorts, the PSU is in a separate chassis, and everything is isolated as per the instructions. This just struck me as odd so I thought I'd play it safe and ask first. Logic is telling me they shouldn't be connected at all?

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #3 of 7
I agree with FA.
I didn't see anything in the schematic that suggested a connection.

Is the 1k5 still there with the external supply disconnected?

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 7
1.5k was it stabilized at. I think I fixed the problem, somehow. I got home from work and started playing with it again. For no reason at all the connection was gone, the meter stopped reading any continuity. I jiggled it, wiggled it, took the PCB out, and put it back in, no continuity. I don't know what was causing it but I can't replicate it now. The setup went flawlessly and I'm listening to the amp right now. Go figure? 
confused_face_2.gif
 Thanks for the help though. 

Jan 14, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #7 of 7
Hey MisterX, I was wondering if you still did M^3 builds? Sorry about going off topic in a thread here, but your account info says that your PMs are broken, so... If you're up for a M^3 build, how do you want to contact each other? via email?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back