QUICK HELP!!!
Dec 21, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
Well... What music do you listen to?

Rap and metal. But im not really looking towards the grados because I don't like on ear and I want to be able to wear these headphones around like they need to be portable and not open back. I only  have 90 to spend and ive been looking at akgs but i hear they dont do good with ipods. that is my primary music output.

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
I thought it was sound quality you were mainly interested in?

I am, just im a standard apple earbud listener and im looking for my frist over the ear headphones that will sound better then skullcandy heshs. They just have to sound good for rap and metal and have to be over ear and closed back. Im getting grados latter but i need headphones to over today. Im not a true audiophile yet im just starting so i just seriously need a good solutions.

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #6 of 11
I know you would have liked over ear but I was not aware they had to be closed back. An open back headphone gives a spacious sound. You mentioned something about getting grado's later... I'm not sure I understand, are theyon order or are you still deciding?

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 11
I know you would have liked over ear but I was not aware they had to be closed back. An open back headphone gives a spacious sound. You mentioned something about getting grado's later... I'm not sure I understand, are theyon order or are you still deciding?

No. I'm planning on ordering a pair of headphones today and I'm still undecided. I dot know the difference between spacious sound and what not. I want noise isolation because I think that means it makes me not able to hear everyone else but I will order Grados in te next month or so but I need to order a different pair now

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #8 of 11
Now I see, I'm not to familiar with closed back headphone's. By spacious I mean an open sound almost like your listening to a pair of speakers in front of you, were as a closed back is more directly into your head, not too spacious. I'm sure there are closed backs that have a real nice spacious sound but they probably cost a few more dollars, like I said cant really comment, I'm not familiar.

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 11
Now I see, I'm not to familiar with closed back headphone's. By spacious I mean an open sound almost like your listening to a pair of speakers in front of you, were as a closed back is more directly into your head, not too spacious. I'm sure there are closed backs that have a real nice spacious sound but they probably cost a few more dollars, like I said cant really comment, I'm not familiar.

Well I'm not looking for the speakers in front of my sound but yeah I'd like a directly in my head feel almost. But thank you though

Dec 23, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #11 of 11
Rap and metal. But im not really looking towards the grados because I don't like on ear and I want to be able to wear these headphones around like they need to be portable and not open back. I only  have 90 to spend and ive been looking at akgs but i hear they dont do good with ipods. that is my primary music output.

XB500 hands down. These are what you need. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back