Questyle QP1
Jan 8, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #4,261 of 4,272
Anyone in the US still having problems with the battery indicator issue, please PM me with your name, address, phone and email. I will assist you with getting your player working properly.

Hi! Can anyone who was affected by this battery indication issue and got it fixed tell what has been done? Was the unit fixed/exchanged by Questyle or is there a software tweak that can be done at home?
Thanks

Jan 9, 2020 at 4:27 AM Post #4,262 of 4,272
The fix depends on what batch of QP1R you have (look at an earlier post of mine for more details), the most recent batch was fixed by the firmware update (1.09?).

My Qp1R ended up being sent to China for a hardware fix. I have had no issues at all with it since. I don't believe this service is being offered anymore...

Jan 9, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #4,263 of 4,272
Thank you! Will definitely check more of the thread, so far I had only time to take a quick look at the last pages.
I got a new/refurb unit which was running on the latest firmware 1.0.9
The battery was on 100% and started depleting very reasonably with usage till about 70-80%, then quickly dropping to like 44, then dropping with double increments to 19% where it turned off. I'm still testing...maybe this behavior was normal for an old, existing charge... I just started reading about the issues and was getting worried. Right now I got the unit fully charged again, and checking... fingers crossed.

Jan 9, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #4,264 of 4,272
Those characteristics you describe are indications of the battery fault. If it's on V1.09 then the software fix hasn't worked. Therefore it will need a hardware fix :frowning2:

I've no idea how you would go about arranging this now. Where are you based? You could contact an authorised Questyle dealer if there off one available...

Jan 9, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #4,265 of 4,272
I'm in Europe, got the unit from Germany.
But I went through most of this and the other thread and am not worried anymore... even if I got or will get wrong indication in the future... as long as the charging cycle is working as intended, I'm OK. I got the unit sooo cheap and the price/perf is just ridiculous. It would bother me however at full price.
But so far yesterday I gave the unit decent head time, about 4-5 hours and stopped listening at 60%. Now I resume and depletion rate is still intact.

Jan 10, 2020 at 2:19 AM Post #4,266 of 4,272
I'm in Europe, got the unit from Germany.
But I went through most of this and the other thread and am not worried anymore... even if I got or will get wrong indication in the future... as long as the charging cycle is working as intended, I'm OK. I got the unit sooo cheap and the price/perf is just ridiculous. It would bother me however at full price.
But so far yesterday I gave the unit decent head time, about 4-5 hours and stopped listening at 60%. Now I resume and depletion rate is still intact.

You will still get normal battery time from the QP1R but the battery indicator is not accurate and is misleading. You just need to keep a mental note to charge it after 7 hours or so... Enjoy!

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #4,268 of 4,272
The fix depends on what batch of QP1R you have (look at an earlier post of mine for more details), the most recent batch was fixed by the firmware update (1.09?).

My Qp1R ended up being sent to China for a hardware fix. I have had no issues at all with it since. I don't believe this service is being offered anymore...

Hi there!

I just bought a unit and is in transit.
I read all your posts up until before the release of 1.09, however i did not find the one about the batches the update seemed to fix.
Can you please elaborate on that?
Seems that the previous owner bought it second hand and thinks it's already running the latest firmware but he doesn't remember which one.
The unit is having the battery indicator problem already.
What batch did get fixed?
I found out there are 2 types of serial numbers.
107091xxxxx and 107095xxxxx
Are these the two batches?
Which one gets fixed?

Cheers
Tio

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #4,270 of 4,272
Anyone can recommend a good match of IEMs for the QP1R with great soundstage and great instrument separation without breaking the bank as there is a new crisis coming up i guess.
Where i come from there's nothing to try, so it's all luck for me buying from the internet.

Don't know how much you want to spend, but the AKG n40 are a fantastic match with the QP1R. They're quite old now, but can be picked up for half their original price.
They were well worth their release price so are an absolute steal now.

They need plenty of power from the source so aren't great out of a phone, but sound incredible out of the QP1R on medium gain. Can't imagine you'd be disappointed.

Mar 23, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #4,271 of 4,272
Don't know how much you want to spend, but the AKG n40 are a fantastic match with the QP1R. They're quite old now, but can be picked up for half their original price.
They were well worth their release price so are an absolute steal now.

They need plenty of power from the source so aren't great out of a phone, but sound incredible out of the QP1R on medium gain. Can't imagine you'd be disappointed.

Awesome!
I'll try to find a set then.

Mar 23, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #4,272 of 4,272
Awesome!
I'll try to find a set then.
It's kind of hard to find... but Sony EX1000's should be at the top of your list under 500$. Even under 1000$ it's almost unbeatable imo.

Also, just your luck, I may be thinking of selling mine, as much as I'd hate to

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back