Questions
May 5, 2010 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

roran1234

New Head-Fier
Two.

Okay so what is the verdict of Beats by Dr.Dre? I have listened, they're good but the price is laughable, I have tried the buds (incredibly tinny) the mid size and the largest. All over priced IMO

Second question, what is the most expensive pair of cans you have come across?

Thanks,
Ollie

May 5, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 19
1. Use the Search button.

2. Use the Search button or Google.

We're here to help, but feel free to help yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

The above, and also try to be just a tad more specific in your title. Probably 90+ % of the posts in this Forum are "Questions."

May 5, 2010 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 19
There is no need for a final verdict on the Dre lineup. They started out as the worst headphone and worst value and remain so. The general consensus is that they are worthless for audio and only good if you wish to look cool to people who are normal, but to everyone else who know a little about headphones and audio you would look like the bottom tier of humanity

The most expensive set of headphones I've ever seen were listed on ebay for over a million dollars, they had some huge diamonds and i believe it was an audio technica esw9

The most expensive I have touched physically would be the Grado PS1000 and a E8s both like $1500 or something

May 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We're here to help, but feel free to help yourself
smily_headphones1.gif

True say, true say.

So what about the bose noise canceling headphones, I was talking to a friend yesterday about getting Grado SR225i's and this guy interrupted asked the cost, and upon finding the cost said that his bose would be better; I said that he clearly knew nothing about headphones if he actually went out and bought the bose, not that the bose aren't good but it's the same thing as the dre lineup over priced. So then he asked smugly if the Grado's had noise canceling as though this made a headphone good *face palm* I merely replied, "I have never seen an audiophile headphone with noise canceling.

So I was wondering two things, One: Are there audiophile headphones with noise canceling? and Second: What do other people make of the bose?

Thanks,
Ollie

May 5, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by roran1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True say, true say.

So what about the bose noise canceling headphones, I was talking to a friend yesterday about getting Grado SR225i's and this guy interrupted asked the cost, and upon finding the cost said that his bose would be better; I said that he clearly knew nothing about headphones if he actually went out and bought the bose, not that the bose aren't good but it's the same thing as the dre lineup over priced. So then he asked smugly if the Grado's had noise canceling as though this made a headphone good *face palm* I merely replied, "I have never seen an audiophile headphone with noise canceling.

So I was wondering two things, One: Are there audiophile headphones with noise canceling? and Second: What do other people make of the bose?

Thanks,
Ollie

Buy the 225i yourself and let your friend buy the dr dre's, he will eventually learn from his stupidity. Once he hears the difference.

May 6, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #8 of 19

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by roran1234 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
True say, true say.

Thanks,
Ollie

Buy the 225i yourself and let your friend buy the dr dre's, he will eventually learn from his stupidity. Once he hears the difference.

ah he has the bose not the dre's. So are there audiophile headphones with noise canceling?

May 6, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #9 of 19
You can get a better pair of cans for the same price of Dre's beats. Terribly overpriced and the sound quality is not good IMO. Denons are great hiphop performers. 

May 6, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #10 of 19
"Buy the 225i yourself and let your friend buy the dr dre's, he will eventually learn from his stupidity. Once he hears the difference."

This is not entirely true. If I was listening to say, hip-hop, I would think the 225 is a terrible headphone and ask why you paid so much for it. Music genres plays a big part in headphone selection.

May 6, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #11 of 19

Quote:
"Buy the 225i yourself and let your friend buy the dr dre's, he will eventually learn from his stupidity. Once he hears the difference."

This is not entirely true. If I was listening to say, hip-hop, I would think the 225 is a terrible headphone and ask why you paid so much for it. Music genres plays a big part in headphone selection.

I have not listened to dr dre with hip hop to be honest I went through a variety of genre's however and just plain thought that they were pathetic for the price. Anyway I care not for this Dre Dre I wanna know about the bose and if audiophile headphones have noise canceling! I have tried the bose with vinyl and thought they were good but for the price they're just like the Dre's, pathetic. I want my 225i's to beat them! hehe

May 6, 2010 at 6:40 PM Post #12 of 19
if you wantt decent noise cancelling headphones, the best are the Sennheiser HD25-1's. does all the NC you'll ever need without all the technology. 

May 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #13 of 19
All I wanted to know is how the Grado SR225i's compare to the bose, or at least what other people think about that comparison; and I wanted to know simply out of curiosity, "are there any audiophile headphones with a noise canceling feature?"

Thanks,
Ollie

May 7, 2010 at 9:53 AM Post #14 of 19

I hate to say it, but the best noise cancelling headphones I've heard are the Bose Quiet Comfort 15.

May 7, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #15 of 19

Quote:
 I have tried the bose with vinyl and thought they were good but for the price they're just like the Dre's, pathetic. I want my 225i's to beat them! hehe

If you just want to be snooty, perhaps maybe you should have bought the Bose instead.

From what I gather, the value we as audio enthusiasts place on a pair of headphones is dependent on our level of satisfaction with them.

Satisfaction should come from within, not from how many people on an internet forum tell you how much better your headphones are than some other guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back