Questions
May 7, 2010 at 1:19 PM Post #16 of 19

Quote:
If you just want to be snooty, perhaps maybe you should have bought the Bose instead.

From what I gather, the value we as audio enthusiasts place on a pair of headphones is dependent on our level of satisfaction with them.

Satisfaction should come from within, not from how many people on an internet forum tell you how much better your headphones are than some other guys.

Clearly indicated by my "hehe" I wasn't serious, the only reason I raised the issue is because he was being snooty saying his bose are the best headphones around, all I wanted to know was how the grado's compare to the bose. I didn't want to know which were the best noise canceling headphone at all.

May 7, 2010 at 5:23 PM Post #17 of 19
Metamessages aren't always as clear as we'd like them to be

But to answer your question... there is no clear cut answer. As I previously mentioned, value is a matter of perception. Most fidelity enthusiasts will tell you that the Grado's blow Bose out of the water in terms of sound quality... but there are also people who prefer the heavy bass and place importance on comfort (therefore valuing the Bose 'phones)

In other words, the Grado's can compare very well or very poorly to the Bose, it depends on what you are expecting to get out of them.

May 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #18 of 19

Quote:
Metamessages aren't always as clear as we'd like them to be

But to answer your question... there is no clear cut answer. As I previously mentioned, value is a matter of perception. Most fidelity enthusiasts will tell you that the Grado's blow Bose out of the water in terms of sound quality... but there are also people who prefer the heavy bass and place importance on comfort (therefore valuing the Bose 'phones)

In other words, the Grado's can compare very well or very poorly to the Bose, it depends on what you are expecting to get out of them.

That's a very very good answer, Thank you Sir! hmm we will have to see, i'm very excited eitherway! I'm taking a day off to go and get them heh heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back