Questions about wiring
Oct 1, 2009 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Steggy

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. So a guy from a different forum modded a pair of headphones. He added basically made it so sound/mic would be down 1 cable rather than 2, then at the end would split off into sort of a pc headset 2 3.5mm plugs. So he replaced his stock headphone cable with a cat5e cable. I was hoping to replicate this mod in some way, but 1, is there a better cable to use than a cat5e(needs to have the 4 pair wires in it, i was looking for something of good quality for a fair price) and if you guys had any tips/resources for myself for attempting this mod, since i don't really have experience in soldering. I have a friend who is rusty but should be able to help, but anything that can educate me would be much appreciated. here's the thread he made btw.

Sennheiser HD595 Mic Mod - MLG Forums

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #3 of 5
Perhaps you can track down some belden 9260 wire sold by the foot. Markertek only sells it in 500ft spools.

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #4 of 5
you guys maybe have any links? When i pop in those keywords on google/ebay, i get tons of different kinds of cable..I'm just looking for some wire that won't suffer sound degredation when compared to sennheiser 515/555/595 cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back