Questions about the Sony new Z series
Mar 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

h1a8

500+ Head-Fier
A few questions:

1. Does the S-Master MX make a difference? In other words does the Z series sound significantly different and better than the E400 series (or slight to no difference in perceived sound)?

2. If I used rockbox or poweramp would those apps take advantage of the S-Master MX?

Thanks!

May 18, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
It has 800*480 display, and why not install special video player? Where is all video formats supported, and for audio use another player.

This guy scammed me for my Sony Z....makes me sick! 

May 18, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #8 of 10
The Sony Z series walkmen has better soundquality than most DAPs like iPods classic and it has lineout through WM port and can add AMPs later for better sound quality. It's play loud and cleaner (black background) with extra features and can download music APPs like Neutron for improvement than stock player.

May 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
The Sony Z series walkmen has better soundquality than most DAPs like iPods classic and it has lineout through WM port and can add AMPs later for better sound quality. It's play loud and cleaner (black background) with extra features and can download music APPs like Neutron for improvement than stock player.

Thanks. I know it has better soundquality than ipods and stuff. My question was direction towards the Sony e400 series only. Is the sound quality necessarily better (from 1st hand experience) than the e400 series?

May 19, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #10 of 10
Yes it's(Z series) better sounding than E400 series because better soundstage, higher resolution soundquality, silent background, better imaging and instruments separation, more volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back