Questions about the iBasso D4/D2+/T3/T3D
Nov 28, 2009 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ImmortalKenny

Head-Fier
Ah yes, choices choices choices. Basically I want to buy either of the four in my title. If I buy a T3 or T3D, it will just be used with my Clip+. If I buy a D4 or D2+, it will be used with my Clip+ and my computer. However, I don't want to shell out the extra dough if the DAC in the D4/D2+ isn't any better than my XtremeMusic that is in my computer.

I'll be using Monster Turbines and Sleek Audio SA1's with the T3/T3D.
With the D4/D2+, I'll be using both IEM's above and AD700's.

What do you guys think?

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #3 of 8
This belongs in the Portable Amp section, and I think a lot of what you are asking is being addressed in the D4/T3 thread there.

The T3D has digital volume control, allowing for finer increments when you are trying to find the right volume level - I am told this is very important with high sensitivity IEMs, but I had no problems using the analog T3 with my RE0s so I guess its a JH13 thing. iBasso have reportedly told at least one Head-Fier that the analog T3 has the edge in SQ terms, but I doubt that we are talking anything significant : email them if you want to know more. Again, this is all in the Portable Amps section.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This belongs in the Portable Amp section, and I think a lot of what you are asking is being addressed in the D4/T3 thread there.

The T3D has digital volume control, allowing for finer increments when you are trying to find the right volume level - I am told this is very important with high sensitivity IEMs, but I had no problems using the analog T3 with my RE0s so I guess its a JH13 thing. iBasso have reportedly told at least one Head-Fier that the analog T3 has the edge in SQ terms, but I doubt that we are talking anything significant : email them if you want to know more. Again, this is all in the Portable Amps section.

I was going to make this thread in the portable section, but wasn't sure because my main question is about DAC's.

Basically, if my XtremeMusic isn't better than a D4 or D2+, then I'll get one of them. If not, then I'll get a T3 or T3D.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #5 of 8
FWIW, the D4 DAC equals the performance of many higher-end desktop DACs, and betters any soundcard that I have owned. It is also the best performing DAC I have personally owned.

Nov 29, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFlight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW, the D4 DAC equals the performance of many higher-end desktop DACs, and betters any soundcard that I have owned. It is also the best performing DAC I have personally owned.

I could be misreading some of the sentiment on Head-Fi, but it would seem that the D10 has been dethroned for all but those who insist on an optical connection. Next portable DAC battleground would seem to be D4 vs uDAC vs PICO, but I can only go on what I am reading. Gotta love the pricing on the uDAC and the D4, wherever they fall in the rankings.

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 8
I'm thinking about getting a T3 myself. I have a pair of AD700's at home and use a modded X-Fi XtremeMusic with them. If your X-Fi isn't modded, you may want to consider it. This way you'll have a very nice source at home and on the go without sacrificing portability in your mobile amp.

Dec 1, 2009 at 4:51 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was going to make this thread in the portable section, but wasn't sure because my main question is about DAC's.

Basically, if my XtremeMusic isn't better than a D4 or D2+, then I'll get one of them. If not, then I'll get a T3 or T3D.

hi!
I think DAC part of D4 is very high quality.You will satisfied with its sound!
floatsmile.png

I recommend D4 to you.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back