Questions about SPECIFIC Receiver, DAC, STEREO Setup for PC.
Jul 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Radioboy86

New Head-Fier
I just bought a RX-773 NEWCASTLE SHERWOOD Receiver. Do you know what DAC it uses? 96Khz or 192Khz? 24 or 32 bit? I looked everywhere. I heard that my model is better than the cheaper RX-772 bc its 400W and has high specs. I really am confused and just want a good 2 channel stereo receiver with power for 2 JBL studio 1 180 series loud speakers (REQUIRES 90W continuous Power a piece 360W PEAK). I dont need video,HDMI or optical. at least I dont think I do. I have a MUSILAND 24/32 API supported sound card/DAC with the PCM1793 Burr Brown DAC chip. They say that my DIGITAL TO ANALOG Conversion Quality should be very high quality, very similar to SPDIF/Optical bc of my DAC. THE DAC supports 192Khz and 24/32 bit. I want to use this for my WIN 7 PC. I just need a good stereo receiver. this is all very confusing and some many people dont know what they are talking about. I would greatly appreciate any help!

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 3
I am guessing it has the same DAC seen here:
http://www.sherwoodusa.com/
Here is the spec for the DAC Chip:
• 192kHz/24bit D/A Converter (All Channels)

They were horrible and did not list it in the 773 spec.  I checked almost everywhere as well and they forgot to list it on their spec.

I would give them a call and ask.

Etron Corporation
Tel : 1-714-739-2000

E-mail:

Sales:sales@sherwoodamerica.com

Technical Support and Parts: support@sherwoodamerica.com

Address : Sherwood America Inc.
                  6120 Valley View
                  Buena Park, Ca. 90620

Jul 10, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 3
i found out it doesnt have a DAC. Its all Analog Stereo. Its just a good amp with alot of power for Stereo setups. it doesnt even have an EQ. I bought a Realistic 1985 model 12 band for 30 bucks though. go me! I think that its a really good quality Dual zone Stereo Receiver. I bought it for 100 so i think the value is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back