Questions about SPECIFIC Receiver, DAC, STEREO Setup for PC.
Jul 15, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #16 of 19
It came with a microphone that says Audyssey. hmmm I think it will be a great receiver. hey do you know what DAC it uses? like Burr Brown? or something like that? i know its 24 bit 192khz and DTS 96khz 24 bit, even though I am only using stereo i wonder if it has stereo specific enhancements? Do you have an info on this too? I was also curious to if it upscales component and HDMI as well as other inputs? I looked everywhere but no luck on accurate info. thanks again for the help! I am glad to speak with someone as knowledgeable as yourself! :D

Jul 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
It came with a microphone that says Audyssey. hmmm I think it will be a great receiver. hey do you know what DAC it uses? like Burr Brown? or something like that? i know its 24 bit 192khz and DTS 96khz 24 bit, even though I am only using stereo i wonder if it has stereo specific enhancements? Do you have an info on this too? I was also curious to if it upscales component and HDMI as well as other inputs? I looked everywhere but no luck on accurate info. thanks again for the help! I am glad to speak with someone as knowledgeable as yourself! :D

From what I've heard, receivers usually come with barely decent DACs.
Of course it might also depend on if your talking about DACs in a $200 receiver or DACs in a thousand dollar receiver.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #19 of 19
From what I've heard, receivers usually come with barely decent DACs.
Of course it might also depend on if your talking about DACs in a $200 receiver or DACs in a thousand dollar receiver.

Highly variable - there is no generalization except that audiophiles hate AVRs (or any other sort of integration). There are receivers that ship with all sorts of buzz-word compliant chips, including 1704s, just depends on the manufacturer. And it isn't that big of a deal at the end of the day anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back