Questions about Inception
Dec 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #62 of 72
You should go watch some David Lynch films. I'd recommend Mulholland Drive and Lost Highway. 

SPOILER>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mulholland drive has the girl in the in car crash as a ghost! Lost Hwy has the main character construct a delusionary reality while in prison. That is what I figure after seeing them all these years. Simple!

They are really much better before you figure them out! After you keep the above in mind they make perfect sense!

Dec 31, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #64 of 72

Quote:
Lucid dreaming is surely great.
I'm trying it myself at the moment....

It's great. I have like 5 sleeping disorders so I stumbled on Lucid Dreams while looking for a solution to my disorders.

Quote:
Lost Hwy has the main character construct a delusionary reality while in prison.

Sounds like Shutter Island. I haven't watched it myself though. On my movie que.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #66 of 72

Quote:

. However, there was one time where I thought I was aware of my dream state.

This used to happen 60% of the time that I had dreams now only 40% as a matter a fact I scared the hell out of my mom. Because I was sleep while she was talking on the phone and heard everything she said. (Sub-conciseness) I relayed it to her with a big cool grin on my face like that was sick/wicked.She looked at me like I had lost my mind and in seriously told me the mind is not a thing to play with. Not really a phenomenon just a little something called sub-conciseness. I looked it up and found a whole bunch of 'miracle' things out of the articles digested and dissected I concluded two pieces of useful information.

One on how to wake up on time - a time set to whatever you want, the clock is...your mind - and two how to...control your dreams. All I can say is messing with the mind is not smart. That was like 2 years ago I was slightly fascinated by it all but have sense lost sight of it. Anyone interested check out sub-conciseness, mind books or some relative and prepare to be surprised. Amazed a little bit but not really, one of those topics I'll take a pass on....

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:40 PM Post #67 of 72
Today i had a very strange dream.

Although I wasn't able to move freely, i seemed to be like a dream in a dream (no i haven't watched Inception before i went to bed).
The dream in my dream, had for the first time in my life a clear story. Me in a wood on a quest of some kind.
I woke up in somewhere with my friends.....it was confusing.
In the dream i already knew that was had just dreamt and i was thinking about it (in the dream).....

Odd.

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #68 of 72
NumLock...............................................

Hope I didn't ruin Lost Hwy for you. The movie is really way cooler when you do not know what's going on. It was my favorite Lynch movie until I figured it out. Now the movie is still cool in my list of Lynch flicks but does not rank as high. After you know the plot then it falls into place as everything makes sense. The only question I have is the representation of the burning house near the end. It may represent that he destroyed his home with the past murder of his wife. The fact could be that his house was ruined by the unfaithfulness of his wife and thus burned.

My second question is what is the character of Robert Blake? Is he Murder? Is he Death? He is known as the Mystery Man.

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #72 of 72
The wild part about Lost Hwy is that after you understand it and watch it again the second half becomes a dark comedy. In a  made up world the character is a crack { no pun intended}  mechanic at Richard Pryer's car repair shop. All the fine woman in town are in love with him, and show it!  He runs tailgaters off the road and pistol whips them with his Buddy on a test drive . Gary Busey is his super cool Dad who stays at home watching nature shows on TV and lets him do what ever he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back