Questions about Inception
Dec 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #32 of 72
I haven't seen the movie since summer. But this is what I recorded about it...

"Just saw Inception. My take: Very heavy religious overtones. The ending doesn't matter. What's important is the independence of time from reality. Yes, the title is ironic.

Inception is the beginning. We only ever see the end; the omega. We never see the start; alpha. The characters descend into different levels of consciousness. In order to be lifted back up into a greater form of existence, they have to die. Which is very similar to the concept of Earth and Heaven. Our earthly bodies are merely transport on our way to a higher state of being in heaven. And we have to cease living in this life to beginning living in the next. Of course, the trick in the movie is that we don't know whether the protagonist reached Heaven or is merely stuck in another level of limbo. In the movie, they seem to be clear that limbo is a single level of consciousness. But, from each successive level of consciousness, the previous could be considered limbo. So, did he get to Heaven, or is he stuck in limbo? The entire plot is centered on the main characters torment as he's stuck in limbo; paying for his transgressons. Whether or not he was redeemed in the end will never be known."

Not sure if any of that helps. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #33 of 72
If u even read his first post you would understand that none of your egotistical, indoctrination is worth anything here. Just stop and answer the question

Dec 25, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #35 of 72
Here is another Inception veteran (watched it 5 or 6 times) take on it.

You are wrong on 1 according to him:

It´s Eams dream not the sons dream. The son is just populating it. Cobb ask the girl if Eams added something to the dream like he has designed it.

As for point 3. You can only leave Limbo if you know it´s false. So Cobb can not kill his wife and then himself. His wife will only return to Limbo.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #37 of 72

Quote:
In limbo that would be a few years, wouldn't it?

What happens when u die (of age) in limbo?

Here's some math to help out.

Yusuf's compound is much stronger than the regular, resulting in a 20x time acceleration (compared to the normal 12x).

So on the 10-hour flight, the 1st level down would be 200 hours or 8.3 days. The 2nd level down (hotel) would last ~5.5 months. The 3rd level down (hospital) would be ~9.1 years. And *assuming* Limbo is just 4 levels down (it could be even waayyy longer), that would amount to 182 years. Ouch.

Like others have mentioned, if you die in limbo you'd just return to it -- and keep returning to it while the sedative is in effect (10 real hours) until you go crazy.

Dec 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #39 of 72

Quote:
what do u mean by coming back, not being able to die completely.
At the end becoming crazy of not being able to die?

If you die you go to limbo due to the sedative not allowing you to wake up. Die again and you just go back to Limbo due to the sedative.

If you're stuck in Limbo and never remember to leave since you don't realize you're in Limbo your mind basically dies due to living so long, relatively speaking, and you go into a vegetated state.

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #40 of 72
Will Inception 2 start with the top spinning?

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:08 AM Post #41 of 72
Just another fun fact:

Cobb's previous totem was most probably his wedding ring

Every time he goes into the dream state, he is wearing the ring
every time he is awake, he is NOT wearing it.

at the end, he is NOT wearing his wedding ring.

What do you think?

Dec 27, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #42 of 72
I think he's awake. Didnt everyone see the totem about to topple at the end?

Quote:
Just another fun fact:

Cobb's previous totem was most probably his wedding ring

Every time he goes into the dream state, he is wearing the ring
every time he is awake, he is NOT wearing it.

at the end, he is NOT wearing his wedding ring.

What do you think?

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:04 AM Post #43 of 72
Can anyone actually show me a link that says there will definitely be a sequel? I think not - just internet gossip.

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM Post #44 of 72

Quote:
Quote:
what do u mean by coming back, not being able to die completely.
At the end becoming crazy of not being able to die?

If you die you go to limbo due to the sedative not allowing you to wake up. Die again and you just go back to Limbo due to the sedative.

If you're stuck in Limbo and never remember to leave since you don't realize you're in Limbo your mind basically dies due to living so long, relatively speaking, and you go into a vegetated state.

U return into the same Limbo right?

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #45 of 72
I did not think the totem was about to fall over. So many movies are great as a first release only with out the watering down of the characters and plot lines that the made the first great. I wouldn't care if they made a second or not. With complete institutions like Friday The 13th, the 2nd and 3rds were cool and the concepts which first defined the plot changed. It was cool to see the changes. Some of the Matrix movies could only be admired by the folks that really got into it. To me it is hard not to see all the concept and photography style taken from the Matrix series. The characters were less colorful and more mature. The plot was just as good as the Matrix one. These are just my own thoughts and I don't want to start a rant from all the die hard Matrix geeks out there in Head-fi!

Did anyone see American Psycho 2? I didn't think so! You are really lucky! Do not seek it out. It was so bad that there was no resemblance to the first American Psycho but the title. Funny how stuff like that works in Hollywood. I loved the concept of Inception with all the almost random ways the plot could go. Just the fact that the last 1/4 of the movie has so much going on in inter dream time with the reality of the van falling off the bridge taking less that a second. We have endless glitch in the matrix type of plot scenarios afforded  by just the basic concept! So with that said, industry insiders may know or not know about an Inception 2, but I feel a 2nd will come just on the power of the plot concept! Johnny Dep could play the lead and they could bring in some hot Hollywood starlets to spice it up a little. Of course William Shatner could play the lead and everyone could wear Armani Suits, including the woman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back