questions about if i should upgrade or not
Jul 3, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #16 of 18
wait 

I'm sure someone makes a USB adapter with a ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) chip built in.

You might consider getting an Asus Xonar DX sound card (used off eBay, $50-$65).
Comes with a nice CS4398 DAC chip, can easy connect to an external amplifier and I'm guessing it's line-input (for mic) is decent.

wait now that i think about it the zxr creative card has a daughter board thats made for recording i can just get a 3.5mm female to rca male adapter and plug it in that way via the card, or i can do the option of getting a quarter inch adapter and plugging it in the back of the main card, but if i got the zxr route i will have to change the opamps (? no freaking clue where id even look for those haha )

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #17 of 18
  wait 
wait now that i think about it the zxr creative card has a daughter board thats made for recording i can just get a 3.5mm female to rca male adapter and plug it in that way via the card, or i can do the option of getting a quarter inch adapter and plugging it in the back of the main card, but if i got the zxr route i will have to change the opamps (? no freaking clue where id even look for those haha )

I'm starting to think your spend too much on a DAC/amp feature fir headphones like the ATH-M50X.
Maybe you should consider spending some cash to upgrade from the ATH-M50X.

Jul 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 18

I'm starting to think your spend too much on a DAC/amp feature fir headphones like the ATH-M50X.
Maybe you should consider spending some cash to upgrade from the ATH-M50X.

um i kinda just got m phones a month ago, i love em to they sound great. im not even sure what i would upgrade to, i have been drooling over the audeze lcd-xc but i could never afford that haha. im thinking i should just stick with the soundcard >magni > powered speakers > subwoofer hookups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back