Questions about Grado HP Signature Headphones
Jul 11, 2001 at 12:51 PM Post #16 of 91
KR................you are definitely deserving of the title:
"Official Grado Historian".
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks for that information.........my cables are the standard ones, but I still haven't heard a Grado headphone that sounds better (I know I haven't heard the HP-2s ..............but I will)
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2001 at 5:40 PM Post #17 of 91
Firsts,
*So the HP-2 w/ this newer cable (which, btw is not the same thing as the cables that grado uses now) sound better than the HP-1's.*
How do you know? Did you try it?

*As far as I know, I don't think that any HP-1's were made with this cable (what does your cable say?).*

Well, as far as I know, HP-1's were made with this cable. I have the upgraded one and have actually heard the old cable as well.

Jul 11, 2001 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 91
It's the cable that makes the difference, not the model of headphone. So a HP-1 with upgraded cable will sound better than an HP-2 with the old cable. A HP-2 w/ the upgrade cable will sound better than a HP-2 w/ the old cable. A HP-2 w/ the upgrade cable will sound better than a HP-1 w/ the old cable. A HP-1 w/ the upgrade cable will sound better than a HP-1 w/ the old cable.

I said :
Quote:

As far as I know, I don't think that any HP-1's were made with this cable (what does your cable say?).

So by reading that, you it should tell you that I wasn't 100% sure if any HP-1's were made with this cable or not.

Quote:

Well, as far as I know, HP-1's were made with this cable. I have the upgraded one and have actually heard the old cable as well.

How long ago was it that you heard the old cable?

As far as this cable being different than the cable that Grado uses now, I remember reading this somewhere on-line. Of course, John Grado says that his cable (for the top models) are even better, so you know.
rolleyes.gif

One of the disscussions that we had at Headwize was about this was about one person who thought about changing the cable on his HP-1000's with the current high end Grado cable and if this would change the HP sound to the point where it would sound too different than the older upgraded cable. At the end, I belive that everyone decided that they would be better off staying with the default cable.

Jul 11, 2001 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 91
Joseph, I paid $570 shipped. They are in absolutely perfect condition with original box and paperwork. A bit high, I know, but what the hell, it's only money, ..............................and they are HP-1s!
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2001 at 2:07 AM Post #24 of 91
Oooh, those HP-1's will be mine. Oh yes, they will. I want them so badly. They will make me poor again, but you know the saying: "You only live once."
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back