Question with Scarlett 2i2
Jul 8, 2017 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wydz

Head-Fier
Hi guys, hopefully this is the right place for this

Okay, so here is my gear:

• Audio Technica AT2035 (not that it matters for my question, but just in case)
  • Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
  • Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers
  • Philips SHP9500 (with 3.5mm to 1/4" cable)

Now, my question is this.

If I plug my headphones into the interface normally, will I hear any sound in my headphones from say a youtube video/spotify/twitch?

or if no, in what way will I be able to plug in my speakers to my interface (the 2i2) to where I can just plug in my headphones to the 2i2 and press play and enjoy?

My 2i2 comes on Tuesday so I'm just scoping around for info to see if anyone has maybe experience with this sort of setup

I have no idea about anything audio related, so I'm sorry if this is confusing :p

Jul 9, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #2 of 4
if the klipsch uses a 3.5mm TRS plug as input(so typical single ended signal), you'll want to get yourself something like a 3.5mm TRS to Dual 1/4" so that you can hook it up to the back of the focusrite and leave the front headphone output for your headphone.
that way you get one volume knob for each output.

Jul 10, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 4

• Audio Technica AT2035 (not that it matters for my question, but just in case)
  • Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
  • Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers
  • Philips SHP9500 (with 3.5mm to 1/4" cable)
Now, my question is this.

If I plug my headphones into the interface normally, will I hear any sound in my headphones from say a youtube video/spotify/twitch?

or if no, in what way will I be able to plug in my speakers to my interface (the 2i2) to where I can just plug in my headphones to the 2i2 and press play and enjoy?

My 2i2 comes on Tuesday so I'm just scoping around for info to see if anyone has maybe experience with this sort of setup

I have no idea about anything audio related, so I'm sorry if this is confusing :p

yes -- it'll work. connect the 2i2 to your computer via usb and set it as the default sound device -- all sound will be accessible via the headphone jack.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Audio Technica AT2035 (not that it matters for my question, but just in case)
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface
Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 Speakers
Philips SHP9500 (with 3.5mm to 1/4" cable)Now, my question is this.

Get a Y Cable, 1/8" Stereo Female to Dual 1/4" TS (mono) Male.
Like the Hosa YMP-434 cable
To connect the 2i2's line-output to the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers's 3.5mm plug.
Guess you have the option of plugging the headphones into the 2i2 or Promedia, use which ever connection sounds best to your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back