question: Sennheiser HD212 vs. Beats
Feb 25, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 13
Beats are way overpriced. The 212's are extremely bass heavy and easy to push. The bass really overpowers the rest of the music but if you are new to headphones you may like this. The beats you should be able to try @ a Best buy and the 212's you should be able to try @ Guitar Center.

Feb 25, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 13
The Beats are good for rap and pop, r&b, etc.
They go loud and you can pound them.
I dont think they have finess for classical, blues, a warm and smokey bar singer with a piano etc.
The noise reduction in them works great though really, but theyre way over-priced.
If youre into rap and like to rep things with a name, then get them.....otherwise, there are better choices.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #4 of 13
audio technica ath-m50 beats both imo. loads of bass, deep bass. a little recessed mids, but i dont seem to notice while just rockin out.

Feb 27, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #10 of 13
Another cheaper alternative is AKG K 518 DJ, these are a bit bassier (more punchy and maybe a bit faster and perhaps slightly less "boomier") than HD212 Pro and superior in the rest of the frequency response as well and only ~$10 more and they are EXTREMELY easy to drive. I got the windows volume slides set to ~20% on both wave and master to get normal listening levels.

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #11 of 13
I listened to the Beats in Best Buy once.... and as soon as I put them on my my face instantly changed from flat to disgust. The mids were there but the treble was.... horrible and the bass had no extension whatsoever.

IMO they aren't worth more than 80 bucks.

(Oh and when this happened the only phones I had to compare them with were the Equation -RP21s, nowhere near a high end can.)

Feb 27, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #12 of 13
And just a note, but the K 81 DJ is the exact same as the K 518 DJ.

Just a thought, because the K 81 is usually cheaper than the K 518.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another cheaper alternative is AKG K 518 DJ, these are a bit bassier (more punchy and maybe a bit faster and perhaps slightly less "boomier") than HD212 Pro and superior in the rest of the frequency response as well and only ~$10 more and they are EXTREMELY easy to drive. I got the windows volume slides set to ~20% on both wave and master to get normal listening levels.

Dec 11, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #13 of 13
is there a big/obvious difference in sound quality between beats pro and sennheiser hd 598s unamped, because I have the beats pros and they actually sound pretty good, and these headphones dont focus 100% on the bass tho there is still a bit of emphasis on the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back