Question regarding UE900 and UE TripeFi 10
Sep 9, 2014 at 10:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Scott2578

100+ Head-Fier
I am trying to decide which one to go with as both are the same price. I would be looking at using an aftermarket cable with either one.

So I wanted to know your opinion regarding these and their sound.

Also, I would like to use an amp on these, can either one use an amp without the distortion and if the bass is a little less on the ue900 than triple fi, would an amp boost the bass without distortion or anything. Just don't want to affect the sound to where its not clear or distorted. Just want to improve the sound quality.

My source is a note 3, and normally work pc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I like listen to a wide variety of music. I like the sound to be a little warm, wide soundstage, treble to be clear, and have a little sparkle, but not where it hurts. Nice clean and clear mids, and some bass in the lower mid, and sub bass as I do like some r&b, a little rap, and techno. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 4
So the TripleFi 10 should work, and since I am using a Note Phone and work pc, not real good soundcard or source, would an amp or dac/amp work good with the TripleFi 10 and if so, which do you recommend.

I am also looking at the Null cable to replace the factory cable, as I see from reviews, its smooths out some of highs, and gives a better separation and tighter bass.

As far as source, what would be the best source to match up to the TripleFi 10, as I seen alot of people saying for the UE900 that the Ibasso worked wonders with it.

Any other recommendations for the TripleFi 10, as far as mods or putting with it to get the max out of them. 

And one last question, would it be worth to pay a $100 more for the UE900s. If not, I will purchase the TripleFi 10.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back