Question re: Goldring 1012GX photo cartridge...
Oct 16, 2015 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

s1rrah

Headphoneus Supremus
A family member recently passed away and he left a lot of audio equipment that I'm trying to identify and possibly sell...

Among such is this Goldring 1012GX phono cartridge ... but upon researching, I've found mine looks a bit different than those referenced online; the one I have seems to be missing a portion ...

I was hoping somebody could explain the differences I'll demonstrate below and if this is still something I should try and liquidate.

Here' is what I have, note how it is just the "business end" of the cartridge...the part with the needle and what not (I know *nothing* about turntables, sorry):

And here is what I generally see online; note how it seems to have some other part connected to the back?

So is the bit that I have,  the top photo, still something I could possibly sell to a more experienced phono person?

Thanks for any information,

Best,
Joel

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #2 of 3
You have a replacement stylus rather than the full cartridge; if you can verify that the needle is in good condition you could find a buyer. What will complicate things however is that these are usually rated by how many hours they were used, unless you can get a high-res closeup of the needle or show that its un-used you'd have a hard time selling it.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 3
You have a replacement stylus rather than the full cartridge; if you can verify that the needle is in good condition you could find a buyer. What will complicate things however is that these are usually rated by how many hours they were used, unless you can get a high-res closeup of the needle or show that its un-used you'd have a hard time selling it.

Thanks for that information ... 

Best,
Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back