Question on digital out ---> Headsix
Jan 9, 2008 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

legcramp

1000+ Head-Fier
Well I just got the amp but I am a little confused here.

I am running the amp out of my sound card via the headphone jack ( analog ).

Anyways, can I run the digital out from my sound card ( X-FI Xtrememusic ) to the amp?

What cables would I need to make this work?

Or would I need to spend more money on a DAC?

Jan 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 4
The digital out simply is data. The amplifier does only amplifies sound signal. You need to have an dac (or a soundcard) to convert the digital signal into sound signal. Personally, I have an iBasso DAC/AMP combo. I use my iRivers digital signal to convert it with the iBassos dac and then trough the iBasso amp and out to the headphones.

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 4
Ahhh I see, well I am just a little disappointed with the difference with my DT770 Pro's running amped and unamped with the Headsix even through the analog connection. There isn't a big difference, mids are more forward, but that's about it.

My KSC-75 on the other hand, I was amazed. Sounds sooooooooo much fuller, bass/mids has so much more texture it's not even funny, and treble is now smooooooothhhhhhhh.

Funny thing is, I bought the amp for my beyers..... sigh.

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 4
Maybe you need a dedicated amplifier for the beyer's. You may not hear the big difference with your headphones right now with the amplifier, but when you have used it for a while, you'll hear the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back