Question: If you live abroad, how do you buy an iPad?
Sep 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

luiztfc

Head-Fier
Hello.

I live in Brazil and I want to buy an iPad. It is simple as that.

Unfortunately, due to a mix of Brazilian excessive taxes and lack of Apple support regarding the iPad here, if I want to buy the cheapest iPad available (16 gb and wifi only), I have to pay approximately 900 dollars. Which is precisely why I refuse to buy the mentioned gadget in Brazil.

So I ask you guys: where can I buy an iPad? Do you recommend any online store that ships to Brazil? I tried ebay, but for some reason the prices are quite above the expected (~90 dollars above).

Regards,
Luiz

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 7
Perhaps a relative or a friend can buy it for you and ship it Brazil? I bought a medical equipment once then FedEx it to another country and declared it as an item worth $1 because it was a used equipment (it was actually new) and paid no import tax.

Sep 23, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 7
Go read through the thread in the Member's Lounge about sellers here only wanting to ship CONUS. There are a few posts in it about services that give you a US address to ship to and then they will send the package abroad to you.

Sep 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 7
Book flight to the US and back.
Then go there, buy one before you return back home.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #7 of 7
Lol, he would probably need a US visa. On his return, don't declare the iPad purchase or it would be tax.

Yeah, most probably.
Hard easy/hard that is to get for a brazilian citizen I do not know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back