Question for Yuin PK 1/2/3 owners
Nov 18, 2009 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Daveed84

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get a pair of earphones for work, but I need to be able to easily hear what's going on around me, including the phone ringing, and people coming up to my desk to speak to me. So I've ruled out IEMs completely, and I've been looking at the Yuin PK series. Currently I'm using a pair of stock iPod earbuds (yes I know...
triportsad.gif
), but they're great because I can very easily hear outside noises. Will I find the same kind of "feature" in the Yuin PK series? Are there other earbuds in that price range that are comparable in sound quality?

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #2 of 10
i owned a PK2, and i think its a great headphone for ppl who dont like IEMs. and yes u can hear outside noises easily but remember, with the PK2 you have to turn up the volume haft way more compare to what you used to listen so i guess if u have amp, it would be better. btw hows the Audeo PFE?

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #4 of 10
I currently use pk1's for work, run from a USB soundcard. They're great, able to hear the phone/people talking, low key. Only when the office gets noisy I find myself turning the volume up a bit too much.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daveed84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking to get a pair of earphones for work, but I need to be able to easily hear what's going on around me, including the phone ringing, and people coming up to my desk to speak to me. So I've ruled out IEMs completely, and I've been looking at the Yuin PK series. Currently I'm using a pair of stock iPod earbuds (yes I know...
triportsad.gif
), but they're great because I can very easily hear outside noises. Will I find the same kind of "feature" in the Yuin PK series? Are there other earbuds in that price range that are comparable in sound quality?

-Yes.
-for $30-$50 range, maybe Sennheiser mx760

Nov 18, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #6 of 10
I ended up going with the PK3.

Thanks for your replies
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #7 of 10
I own the pk1s and noticed that less sound isolation means more sound leakage. My PK1s can be heard by everyone around me, and that does not work well for me. With IEMs i can turn it up a tad more with out rocking out the office. Actually the right ear seems to be putting out quite a bit less sound, back to headroom they go.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own the pk1s and noticed that less sound isolation means more sound leakage. My PK1s can be heard by everyone around me, and that does not work well for me. With IEMs i can turn it up a tad more with out rocking out the office. Actually the right ear seems to be putting out quite a bit less sound, back to headroom they go.

I was actually worried about this as well, and it's one of the major reasons I chose the PK3. The PK3 works very well unamped, which also means I don't need to pump up the volume to get them to shine.

Nov 18, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #9 of 10
I am currently at work right now listening to my PK1's (just podcasts at the moment, music later once I'm done with the podcasts) and I have no problem hearing the phone or someone coming toward me. Of course it all depends on the volume you listen at
wink.gif

They work great for me. I use them with my D10.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 10
At low to medium levels i have no doubt it would be fine, how ever you may want to ask your neighbors if they are able to hear your sound. Sometimes it travels easier and further than your realize!

I listen to music with explicit lyrics from time to time and would rather keep all that to myself
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back