Question for sellers re: Paypal & creditcards
Dec 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jpelg

Needs a regular fix of 'Fi
'06 Nat Meet Co-Coordinator
I've seen a lot of FS ads here on Head-Fi (and other forums, for that matter) where the seller cites a surcharge for creditcard-based Paypal payments vs. no surcharge for non-CC PP payments.

It is my understanding that once a Paypal account is enabled/verified to accept creditcard payments, it always applies a surcharge, regardless of whether a CC-based payment comes in, or a non-CC-based payment. At least mine works this way.

Do those of you who cite the surcharge use two different Paypal accounts - one for accepting CC-based payments, and another for non-CC-based payments - and request payment to either one based on the buyers indication of payment?

Dec 6, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #2 of 2
They have the personal account. The fees depend on whether you have a personal or premier(i.e. verified) account. If you have a personal account, non-CC transfers are free. With premier, you get charged anytime you receive funds. It's been years since I had a personal account. They automatically made you change to a premier account after a certain dollar limit (I think it was $2,500) in transactions. I don't know if this is still the case.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...n/fees-outside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back