Question for Grado Owners
Sep 16, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 21
Grados just don't sound good. Buy sth else.

Sep 16, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san
Grados just don't sound good. Buy sth else.

I have never listened to any Grados' so I really don't know.

I liked my Alessandros enough though, to get a second pair!
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 21
The HF1s are one of those phones you recommend to members when they find other Grados shrill. Maybe you should step to one of the other various manufactures. There are plenty of good phones out there. None are perfect, but shrill highs are far from a minor inconvenience. And I don't think the DA10 is the issue.
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #20 of 21
FWIW, the HF-1 is brighter than say the SR325i, (*gasp* blasphemous!!) I can safely say that the SR325i has a much smoother and extended highs than the HF-1. The measure of brightness isn't gauged by it's extension of crazy treble energy but by the irritating peaks in the sibilance range (kinda forgot what frequency is that). So I'm going all out to reccomend the SR325i, as weird as it sounds, it has a different presentation than most Grados I own.Most people thinks that the HF-1 is not as fatiguing is because the HF-1 has these very in your face mid-bass hump

Sep 17, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #21 of 21
Thanks for all the great input so far.

The reason i'm asking about the grado's is that I recently ran into a local guy who can offer a great deal on grado's...so I've kinda been hoping for a reason to pick some up...but it's hard. It just seems that grado isn't for some people...not that that takes anything away from grado...it's just the way it is.

I've really just done a lot of headphone shuffling the past several years. The senn 650 was just missing something to me (veil?). The HF-1 was uncomfortable and fatiguing. I've never been brave enough to don the K1000 for fear of my wife leaving me
smily_headphones1.gif
...and so on...

I actually think the DT 990 I've got on order sound like they could be a wonderful match. I just kinda wish I could catch that grado bug to calm my alternative/rock side
smily_headphones1.gif
It's kinda down to the AKG 701 and the RS-2...

Now if only someone would sell me their MPX-3...
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back