Question about the ferrite filter on the cable
Aug 13, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 6
It can help reduce noise if noise is an issue, but it can dull the sound in some instances. Usually you'll find them on switching A/C adapters and sometimes on power cables. I think Cardas uses them on the Quadlink interconnects. They're cheap enough to buy and experiment with, give it a shot and let us know what you think.

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #3 of 6
It can help reduce noise if noise is an issue, but it can dull the sound in some instances. Usually you'll find them on switching A/C adapters and sometimes on power cables. I think Cardas uses them on the Quadlink interconnects. They're cheap enough to buy and experiment with, give it a shot and let us know what you think.
I had no idea it could dull the sound. I always thought it was a positive thing to have them at each end of cheaper cables.

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #4 of 6
A ferrite reduces high frequency noise/interference passing thru a cable. Mostly at frequencies above 100kHz. In the case of AC power cords, it may be noise entering or being generated by the hi-fi component.
However some audiophiles enjoy a small amount of added background noise. In some cases it seems to add sparkle or definition.

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks you all!

I have a question about Balanced >to> Stereo connector.
I have AUNE X7S amp, with strong balanced connection.
I have some headphones with no option to use balanced connection.
is it possible to make cable like this: Balanced >to> Stereo ?
8-cores-Silver-plated-4-Pin-XLR-Male-Balanced-to-6-35mm-1-4-Female-Headphone.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back