Question About TC-7510 TCC vs Beresford
Nov 17, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 34
Yes. This has been discussed before. Beresford modifies the TCC unit and it is built to his specificatons. He then makrets the DAC under his brand - Beresford. I have never heard a stock TCC DAC, but can say that the Beresford is a top notch choice at this price point. As to what is specifically different, email Stanley Beresford for a more exact answer.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #3 of 34
We do know that:
  1. The TC-7510 DACs are made in China.
  2. Companies buy TC-7510 DACs from China and stamp their names on them.
  3. TC-7510 DACs have gone through numerous revision improvements.
It is quite plausible that Stanley Beresford has contributed to design and revisions of TC-7510.

That which is questionable:
  • Does Stanley Beresford MODIFY AND THEN SELL the TC-7510?
  • And, are said modifications exclusively found on a “Beresford” stamped TC-7510 OR do these “modifications” show up as revisions for all next generation TC-7510?

I am not convinced that a “Beresford” stamped DAC is any different than any other TC-7510 of the same generation.

Attached are pictures of the internals of my non "Beresford" TC-7510 for comparison.
Mine has the preamp output just as the "Beresford" TC-7510 does.

edit: (Images removed, so that Stan Beresford does not sue me.)

If you own a TC-7510, Beresford or not, you are welcome to post internal pictures.
The other super long thread was nothing more than "he said, she said" drivel.
I say let pictures do the talking.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by hottyson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We do know that:
  1. The TC-7510 DACs are made in China.
  2. Companies buy TC-7510 DACs from China and stamp their names on them.

The question is: can I sue you for publishing false information on the internet? Your use of 'we' implies that you are part of a team. So that could be a bumper pay out in the courts
biggrin.gif

Stan

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 34
edit (Images removed, so that Stan Beresford does not sue me.)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyB1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The question is: can I sue you for publishing false information on the internet? Your use of 'we' implies that you are part of a team. So that could be a bumper pay out in the courts
biggrin.gif

Stan

I have removed the images.
I have refrained from spreading information about how you are dealing with products and customers.

Please do not pursue any legal action against me.
Thank you.

Jan 31, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #8 of 34
BTW, I suggest anyone else looking for a DAC to read about the Valab DAC and consider it as an alternative. The Valab worked wonders for my system, and the seller probably won't threaten me with legal action.

Jan 31, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Stan

That's a bit harsh. I can see why I decided against buying a Beresford even though I don't doubt the quality of the product. Actually it was because of Herandu but reading this only solidifies my decision. Are you going to go around policing the entire internet because someone hurt your feelings or doesn't like your product?

Jan 31, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #10 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you going to go around policing the entire internet because someone hurt your feelings or doesn't like your product?

People have been saying all sorts of things about my DAC and me, but no offence taken. However, I do object to remarks that are obviously malliciously incorrect. The DAC is not made in China, and never will be. Anyone making any such remarks are obviously out to slander my DAC by linking it with an oppressive regime.

STan

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #11 of 34
I've think I've read enough threads about your DAC to sort the fact from fiction. Like I mentioned, I don't doubt the quality of the product. Hell, if it had a usb I woulda put my bias of Herandu aside and still bought it. Just seems like your product seems to have so much drama surrounding it even if it may be unwarranted.

I was just bothered by the threat of a lawsuit, be it joking or not. It's 1 persons opinion on a forum. He offered his proof and you countered..good enough. No need to get serious about things.

Sorry if I turned this thread into a flamme war. It wasn't my intention.

Jan 31, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #12 of 34
Tapiozona, the latest reincarnation of the Beresford DAC the TC7520 has an USB input and an improved headphone amp. So I have read and I would love to test one and hope to do so. I am hoping I can pick one up in the low $200 range.

StanleyB1 good luck w/ the new product. I had the opportunity to test a Beresford unit and I felt it was dawg on good specially under $200.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Stan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tapiozona /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....I was just bothered my the threat of a lawsuit, be it joking or not.....

Sadly, Tapiozona, I don't believe Stanley Beresford (StanleyB1) is joking, based on a private message he sent me very recently that I felt hinted at the same (because he apparently didn't like what was being posted about him and/or his products in at least one thread on Head-Fi).

Stanley, does this approach usually work for you? Is this one of the first things you turn to (discussion of writs and suing)? It sure seems that way to me. If so, I certainly wouldn't do a lick of business with you. (And, by the way, I responded to your most recent private message to me, so check your inbox.)

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #15 of 34
Would I be able to sue Mr Beresford for what he wrote about me in a previous thread? Is personal, racist attack (never got apology for that Mr Beresford) worse than someone questioning with good reason it would seem (except the pictures are now gone under threat) the level of difference between 2 products? I assume that deleted posts are still stored somewhere and that thread got cleaned out to the tune of about 30 of them.

I also think it blatently obvious given the context that the "We" to which Mr Beresford objects refers to the collective of the head-fi community based upon information collated in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back