Question about Sound
Nov 17, 2014 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fuzziekiwi

1000+ Head-Fier
Can someone please explain in as to how Koss Porta Pros, and bassy headphones like them (Sennheiser PX etc), are good for commuting?

Nov 18, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 5
  Can someone please explain in as to how Koss Porta Pros, and bassy headphones like them (Sennheiser PX etc), are good for commuting?

"Good" for commuting is all about what you expect from your music on the go. When I was bussing/railing to work, I wanted something that isolated me from the hussle and let me hear the music, so I went with IEMs. On-the-ear phones tend to be lightweight, small in profile, and easy to manage, but won't have the sound of full-size cans or the isolation of IEMs. The bassiness of the headphone is all about your person taste, and you can find cans of all types with good/neutral/bad bass, mids, and treble.

Nov 18, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't really get the question as to me they are not at all good for commuting. I also go for isolation first and sound second, so certainly not porta pro. maybe they are good in the sense that nobody is going to try and steal them? ^_^

but I must say you have nailed it with your topic's title
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2014 at 8:37 AM Post #4 of 5

I use Sennheiser Momentum for commuting because they are light weight and comfortable and work well with my iPhone.

Also, sound doesn't leak out unlike HD800's which are totally impractical for commuting.

I wouldn't necessarily say my Momentums are "bassy" but do sound clear to me, plus they are quite discreet looking too :)

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 5
Perhaps it's because public transport can be noisy and the first part of the frequency range to go is the bass, so an exaggerated bass might be a good place to start. Kinda like why my car has Alpine subs in the boot.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back