Question about Sansa Clip+
Jun 6, 2010 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

JosephKim

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi I am looking to get a Sansa Clip+ because I have filled up my ipod nano. I see that the clip comes in 2gb, 4gb, and 8 gb. I was wondering if there are any differences besides the internal memory? To my knowledge, they all are capable of accepting microsd cards. Can they all take 16gb cards? 18 gb would be more than enough for me, so I dont see any reason why I should purchase the 8gb. How does the clip read from the card? Is it the same as the internal memory? Thank you.

Jun 6, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #2 of 24
There is no difference in clip+ besides the internal memory all are the same.Yes it can take 16GB card but takes a bit of time to load on the Original Firmware,if rockboxed it can load at blaze fast.I am using 8GB clip+ with a 16GB SDHC card and i have no complaints about it .

Jun 6, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 24
With the original firmware, the Clip+ displays all of your music together, all sorted by its ID3 tags, regardless if it's in the internal memory or on the external memory (microSD). 

However, you can also choose folder view, and then, your music will separated into "Internal Memory" and "External uSD Card" on the Clip+.

Also, I'd recommend spending a little bit more and getting the 4GB or 8GB version.  You'll probably eventually need the space...I know I did!  You can get the 8GB Clip+ at B&H Photo's website for less than sixty dollars.

Hope that helps.

Jun 7, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #7 of 24
^ I have been saying that ever since I started buying DAP's. Yet I always manage to fill them. Hell I even said it when I bought my 8gb Clip+ and 16gb card a few a month ago. But sure enough I filled it.
Believe me, stop being a stinge and fork out the tiny bit of extra money and look at the 4gb and 8gb versions.

Jun 7, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #8 of 24
You're welcome! 

And these guys are right, JosephKim, pay a little more and get a bigger Clip+.  You'll be happy you did!

Jun 7, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #9 of 24
Someone posted this here, so now you have no choice, JosephKim!
biggrin.gif

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A3099600&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=CJ&cid=24471&lid=566643&acd=10550055-1727683-

A steal!

Jun 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 24

Quote:
lol yes indeed i just bought the 8gb from that site

Congrats on the new toy. You won't be disappointed. Awesome little player.

Jun 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #14 of 24
Also, what class of micro sd card can be utilized by the clip? I dont want to spend extra money on a faster card if the clip cant utilize the bandwidth. I was thinking a class 6 micro sd card but im not sure. Help would be appreciated thank you.

Jun 9, 2010 at 2:00 PM Post #15 of 24

Quote:
Also, what class of micro sd card can be utilized by the clip? I dont want to spend extra money on a faster card if the clip cant utilize the bandwidth. I was thinking a class 6 micro sd card but im not sure. Help would be appreciated thank you.

As far as playback, even a class 2 will work. The only difference  the card class makes is in time loading the card, if you load it in a card reader before you insert it in the Clip+. I bought a SanDisk class 2 16GB card (for around $40 US), put it into the full-size SD adapter, and put it in my card reader, then spent some time thinking about what to load on it, and then loading it up before I ever put it into the Clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back